Recovery Disks

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jaydoza, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jaydoza

jaydoza MDL Member

May 28, 2012
    is there any place online where i can find recovery disks for desktop and laptops??

it would be cool if we can start a thread and have users post there recovery media.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Maybe handy but it is a lot to ask someone to upload for example two dvd's , when all the information is available here to make OEM:SLP dvd or even AIO Multi manufacturer OEM;SLP dvd.

3. markedbyalantattoos

markedbyalantattoos MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Yes it is alot to ask for someone to upload the two dvds, but i do see his point, making the oem dvds gives you the basic windows install. Sometimes would be nice to get the original software that came bundled with the pc when they bought it.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Now, most of the today's Laptop's or PC's coming pre-installed (if there is an OS!!) and the user has to build the Recovery CD/DVD on his own.

To upload some of those Images would cost the Uploader quite a bit of time and also he has to pay for the Bandwidth used while uploading is also very slow.

Wit a little bit of effort, most of those images could be get from the manufacturer directly!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Who loves bloatware??

:icecream:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're right, many don't, include I!

OP asked for recovery CD/DVD and that 's the originals from that machines with all needed drivers.

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    The HP G7 2233cl comes with 3 DVD's and I cannot skip the 3'rd one lol. So I paid 12 or 16 something USD for dvd's I probably wont use, other than playing with (and I already did that). All new systems I've worked on now give you an option to build your own unless you like pay for disks.