Recovery files

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by xakerz, Feb 12, 2014.

1. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Hey guys ;)
    Today I my Win 8.1 died and i decided to reinstall it. During installation I chose wrong disk to install (it was disk with very important data), than I formated it with Windows tools and install Windows. When Windows started I realized that I deleted all data on the disk.
    Is it possible to recover anything. I know that 22 Gb, where is now located Windows, can't be recovered, but there was about 120 Gb of information and I want get it back.

Any solutions what programs am I should use to do it?

Thanks in advance ;)

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Tito
    thanks mate ))I'll Try

4. Leslie_Coffelt

Leslie_Coffelt MDL Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I have three hard drives and one SSD in my desktop. Although it's a PITA, if I'm installing an OS, I rip my computer open and disconnect all but the intended target drive. Saves a lot of "palm of hand colliding with forehead" movement.

5. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Unfortunately I forgot to do it (

6. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Finally I got back my data with this awesome program EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 7.0. It recovered all files with Folder structure :) Other programms, which I used, couldn't get data back

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Its far easier to actual give drives names rather than relying on drive letters that's when problems can happen.

8. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    You are right. I'll give a name to my main hard drive. But considering on that stress, which I had, I'll never forget to check before installing OS

9. Leslie_Coffelt

Feb 6, 2014
    Fantastic! Glad you got your treasures back. Making a note of EaseUS DR, for sure.

10. Leslie_Coffelt

Feb 6, 2014
    I do that as well. Label every drive with make, size and OS. (HIT1TB-W7ULT, WD3TB-W81PRO). Three HD's, all different mfg. Years ago I bought three of the same drives from NewEgg when on sale. Didn't bother to label them. Went to do some kind of cloning or partition operation, then realized I had no idea who the "source" and "destination" were. At least I was smart enough to quit the app., label the drives and start over. Wasn't in the mood for "data roulette".

11. andysal

andysal MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2014
    I think i should have this program.
    Because i did the same thing too last year, and i let all the data gone.
    Thank you.....

12. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    You are welcome ;)

13. Mayamona

Mayamona MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2014
    Hi, in fact, you can use recovery tool to restore your data. 4Card Recovery is such a kind of recovery software, you can download it freely on the internet. Before using it, you should know that if your original data changed, you will not be able to get it back. So if you want to recover your files, do not overwrite your old data.

14. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Years ago I plugged in an old drive I wanted to re-format & use. Turned out it had the same volume label as an existing drive. Windows had changed the drive order on bootup & I'd formatted the last drive which was my good one!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...