Recovery Fujitsu Lifebook AH532/G52 Bios after corrupt Boot

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Martinn, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Martinn

Martinn MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2017
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Did you flash the bios at all? or modify a bios and then flash that? If the answer is no and it is the standard bios then the problem will be in the HDD boot sector as you mentioned you have edited the BCD store which if done wrong will cause all sorts of problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Just examined the bios pack for that computer, there is no single wph file, it looks like the flashing program does several parts of the bios in set stages.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Martinn

Martinn MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2017
    Good day mxman2k. The bios is standard original unmodified OEM version from factory. When I get in the bios is treads "Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup". I have tried booting without the HDD in and still no luck. When I get into the bios under the boot tab under Boot Priority Order all that is listed is "Recovery and Utility" nothing else. Also note this is a UEFI type bios.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    ah if it set to UEFI/secure boot then you wont be able to boot to any usb device while the secure boot is enabled. You will need to find the section(s) that have CSM (compatibility mode) and set that to enabled and the secure boot option to disabled. There may be a option that says Windows 8/10 and a option to change to other OS - this should allow booting to a usb if you wish to flash the bios. Which as you say is the standard stock one then there will be no need to flash the bios as it not that at fault.

You have corrupted the HDD boot sector with an invalid BCD command somehow.

It has been a very long time since i have used BCD to change things so i cannot help you much in that respect, hopefully someone with experience on how to correct the problem will be able to give advice on that area.

If you change the bios to csm/secure boot disabled, you should be able to boot to a usb/cd/dvd with a same Windows OS and use the repair my computer and a command prompt to reset the BCD store on the HDD. This is just a guess and i may be slightly off with my memory on that.

Even with the bios set as it is (all on for w8/10) then you should be able to boot to a same Windows OS DVD and do the repair to the BCD via Repair My Computer > Advanced >Command Prompt or even the startup repair may be able to fix it?

My last dabble with BCD was with dual booting XP and Windows 7 a few years ago.

I am not sure if there is a F key you press just after switch on to show a boot device selection menu, something like F11 or F12.

6. Martinn

Martinn MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2017
    So with the cmos battery out and the power off and entering the bios here is what is set as defualt once the bios is entered:
    Advanced Tab:
    Legacy USB Support: [Enabled]
    CSM: [Enabled]

20171207_163446.jpg
    Security Tab:
    Secure Boot Configurations:
    Secure Boot Option: [Disabled]
    20171207_163456.jpg
    Boot Tab:
    Boot Priority Order:
    1. Recovery and Utility
    20171207_163506.jpg

With all that settings I still am unable to even boot the OEM Recovery DVD in the CD-DVD Drive.
    If I select F10 and its saves and exists I get blank black screen for hours on end and will not be able to get back into the bios unless I remove power and CMOS battery again and then when it gives a date and time error can I only get into the bios again by pressing F2 and boot menu doesn't work when I press F12. Those are the right keys but they do nothing

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Odd that with the settings to legacy mode ie CSM/SBoot disabled it still not 'see' the dvd drive to boot from...

It even looks like it not even seeing the HDD as such!

I guess the 'recovery' is the partition on the HDD's OEM partition which would reinstall the system to factory default ie like when it was bought.

If you have a spare hdd to plug in it should 'see' that and even attempt to boot to it. In theory anyway as the test hdd will not be for that device and not have any bcd problems that would eliminate the bios.

Sadly i am out of ideas. :(

8. Martinn

Martinn MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2017
    I am out of ideas myself. Only way I can recover it from the research I have done is with a Phoenix crysis recovery drive with the right bios binary file that I can't find anywhere. That's why I have come here hoping that maybe there is someone out there who can assist me with the right files and method to recover the bios

9. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
    have you considered to replace the cmos battery?

If that doesn't work I would put the laptop HDD in desktop computer to investigate what´s wrong with it.

10. Martinn

Martinn MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2017
    #10 Martinn, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    (OP)
    I could replace the cmos battery but this issue started with a perfectly fine cmos battery. I only get the date and time error as a result of removing the cmos battery in order to access the bios. If you don't reset the cmos you can press F2 till you go pink and will not enter the bios even after the beep confirming you selection to enter the bios. The hdd has been inside a desktop and I was able to recover all my files. The issue here does not lie with the hdd. The issue here is with a corrupt bios. That is why I am asking to repair the bios please see the boot list. I don't even see the cd drive at all in the boot menu but it is there under drives and also it spins up on boot. From how I understand how this bios works is it takes the BCD store info and saves it into the bios allowing faster access to the correct boot device now when the BCD store I modded messed out directly after that the laptop would not boot or show any boot devices. Also I would not be able to enter the bios or even select any boot options at all. I can repair the windows on the hdd but that still would not help me boot anything as the bios boot manger info is corrupt or invalid and it does not correct it's self. So I need to restore it back to factory and then only can I boot anything

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    if its EFI and the hdd first partition is corrupt it wont show as a boot option.

try new hdd and fresh install win 8/10 in EFI mode from usb

12. Martinn

Martinn MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2017
    Thank you but that doesn't make sense as there is nothing on the boot menu, see here
    [​IMG] this was taken with the OEM Install DVD in the CD Drive

13. Martinn

Martinn MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2017
    Good day and thank you for that link. Now I just can't figure out how to use the file. I don't even know how to get the laptop to boot the usb

14. kataqui

kataqui MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2019
    greetings.
    stuck with a similar issue here tried every possible way but cant get a way out. mine is a ah512, it doesn't show the hdd and cd rom under boot order menu but i can see them installed.

i will appreciate any help in this

regards

15. SHadowDivision

SHadowDivision MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2020
    Same, would anybody be willing to help me out or is this thread dead ?