Recovery partition in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by moonburn, Oct 21, 2009.

1. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I wouldnt delete the partition if I were you. Cause soon you might want to sell your laptop and some buyers want to have the original OS. But if you have a back up in DVD, then you may delete the volume..

If you really want to delete so you have more space, you can just right click on it then delete the volume then you can use right click menu on the C-drive and use the extend function ....

Beware that after you delete and merge it, you cant undo it again ...

Good Luck!

3. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Unfortunately, no. This doesn't work. As the drive doesn't have a letter assigned to it, the context menu has only one option listed, namely: 'Help'! :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Or I'll just leave it alone :D Thanks for the help though, I don't need the space at the moment.

5. moonsun

moonsun MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2009
    #6 moonsun, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    Save Recovery Partition In HP Laptops

Try this
    go to computer icon on your desktop
    rt click and choose manage
    in the left pane choose disk management
    rt click on your recovery partiotion and choose "change drive letter and paths" and choose "change" and assign the letter d
    rt click again and choose "mark partition as active"
    now you can recover your previous and original version of your windows using hp recovery program.
    I hope this will save your recovery partition with no need to delete it.

6. -HITMAN-

-HITMAN- MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    #7 -HITMAN-, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    If it's an "OEM" Partition, which it looks like it is you won't get any options to change the drive parameters under disk management.

@moonburn

You will need to use diskpart to delete the partition, follow these steps...

Hold down start button and press "R", you will get the run window, now type in "diskpart" and press OK, then type "list disk" and press enter.
    Select your disk drive (usually disk 0) then type "list Partition" and select the partition you want to delete, which should be partition 1 (13.01gb), so type in "select partition 1".
    Now type "delete partition override" and hit enter

This should now have deleted the partition and returned it as unallocated space, which you can now add to C:

7. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    you will have to use DiskPart to delete it.
    Since the partition is BEFORE your Windows partition, you will not be able to extend (add) the size to your existing partition containing Windows.
    Looking at the picture, the recovery partition seems to be empty, so your recovery image seems to have been deleted anyway.