Recovery Partition.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by trickzjen23, Dec 4, 2009.

1. trickzjen23

trickzjen23 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    Is it possible to make my own Recovery Partition? like before the computer starts there is a menu "f11 for the recovery partition" I would like to have this because since I did a complete fresh installation my f11 recovery partition didn't work anymore. please help me how can I make 1 again thank u!

2. xcom

xcom MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Unless you backed up the contents of a partition then your need to use your computers restore DVD / CD to restore it.

On my PC the restore partition is hidden and is just a ghost image. It sounds like you have completely removed yours so good luck! I never remove them. Mine is only 5gb so worth having I suppose.

3. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Use a backup software and you'll never need Recovery Partition.

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Acronis TrueImage will make a backup partition called Acronis Secure Zone where you can create incremental backups and restore them at startup by pressing F11 and restoring the image you choose. It is better than OEM restore partition which sets your computer back to the initial setup. With a backup program your recovery point is only as old as your last good backup.

Acronis products are good despite some naysayers here - their product support sometimes falls a bit behind but TrueImage 2010 is an excellent product.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dontshoot

Dontshoot MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    I just use the "Back and restore" "System image" that comes in 7. And save it to a partition that i remove the drive letter from.

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    The main reason I like TrueImage is the ability to recover when Windows will not load without using a DVD to boot.

But, sure there are lots of ways to do this type of thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...