Recovery Project with Boot Mode Support

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Chibi ANUBIS, Jun 29, 2016.

1. vigipirate

vigipirate MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    ok sir no problem
    I have already been very kind of you I will wait thank you again for your project take care of yourself

2. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Updated to build 2106 !! :clap::clap::clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thanks a lot lot for this update :)

4. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Thanks !
    I see in production I forget to put a command for delete Windows\Setup\Script... Is not dangerous lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Brother i am looking forward to make your project more user friendly . pl give me some time as tmrw i will cross check everything & will update you if anything isbfound to be usefull for update :)
    Thanks again for your Awesome Project [ Credits always yours & Pleasure always mine ]

6. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Of course my friend, any comments on my project are important, everything should be reported :)

7. Druboo_666

Druboo_666 MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2013
    is it possible to give user the choice of how they want to format the drive the script seem to auto format the whole disk and do the install on that?

8. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Yes is possible, you can use this files for a custom installation :
    https://mega.nz/file/qMlTAawT#HPJjm2z9QhmwmtViavXSfBb-uhbb01xCKF4ijsEHqWI

- In "AutoUnattend" folder replace the original by the archive
    - In "Settings" copy and replace in OOBE the original files in C:\Recovery\OEM\

The AutoUnattend and Settings config must be the same.

9. Druboo_666

Druboo_666 MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2013
    i am confused what i do ?
    AutoUnattend folder i have to copy all the files from ur recovery project?
    in settings folder where i can find the OOBE?
    can u make a short video of ur instruction?this will be really helpful

10. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Ok I make a video soon ;)

11. ammoune78

ammoune78 MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2014
    #91 ammoune78, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    @Chibi ANUBIS Un grand merci pour ton travail, tous se passe bien! J'ai utilisé l'option UEFI with DATA, et l'option Full Image en OEM. Maintenant une petite question pour que je puisse savoir ce que je viend de faire: Est ce que l'option Full Image est une image qui contient toutes les étapes faite à partir du mode Audit, qui comprend les mises à jours windows que j'ai installer, les pilotes, utilitaires et applications y compris?

Maintenant que j'ai lancer l'application Recovery Tools, pour créer un support Recovery Media sur une clé USB, l'application a formater l'USB en MBR, alors qu'elle devrait probablement être formater en GPT. Ce qui me donnera l'acces pour la demarrer en mode UEFI sans pilotes CSM. En tout cas, j'ai essayer de modifier le script RecoveryDrive01Prepare, en remplaçant les deux emplacements MBR en GPT, resultat: aprés formatage en GPT partition BOOT FAT32 succes, alors que la RECOVERY en NTFS affiche une erreur depuis le logiciel.

Je continue donc l'MBR RECOVERY Media, je redemarre le PC et test.

12. ammoune78

ammoune78 MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2014
    @Chibi ANUBIS Fonctionne correctement en UEFI la recovery, mais un petit probleme de ma part, c'est que au lieu de faire une installation en UEFI Default, j'ai choisis celle en UEFI with data, avec tes fichiers OEM.
    Voila maintenant que j'ai la non OEM, en UEFI Default, apres avoir installer, les MAJ, Pilotes, Utilitaires et Applications, copier Coller: Custom Installation\Settings\UEFI - Default\ReCreatePartitions + ResetConfig dans C:\Recovery\OEM et executer sysprep depuis Recovery Project Build 2106 - Chibi ANUBIS\
    Le script ce lance, et a l'étape de Marking Updates as Permanent, il commence en affichant de 0% a 10% puis saute vers une deuxiéme ligne commence de 0% et continu avec succé a 100%, et continu les autres étapes. Arrete la machine, je la démarre, il commence et au momment ou il commence le mode création de l'utilisateur finale, up, une erreur, windows n'a pas bien été installé ..... veuillez redemarer pour poursuivre l'installation. Je le fais, et re-up la même erreure.
    Que puis je faire, ou que c'est il passé, ou quelle étape ai je oublier....
    Avez vous une petite idée?

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Please note that we speak English here.

14. ammoune78

ammoune78 MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2014
    Sorry guys for that, here's what i was saying:

@Chibi ANUBIS
    A big thank you for your work, everything is going well! I used the UEFI option with DATA, and the Full Image option in OEM. Now a little question so that I can know what I just did: Is the Full Image option an image that contains all the steps made from the Audit mode, which includes the windows updates that I have? install, drivers, utilities and applications including?

Now that I have run the Recovery Tools application, to create Recovery Media on a USB stick, the application has to format the USB to MBR, when it should probably be formatting as GPT. Which will give me access for declaration in UEFI mode without CSM drivers. In any case, I tried to modify the RecoveryDrive01Prepare script, by replacing the two MBR locations in GPT, result: after formatting in GPT partition BOOT FAT32 success, while the RECOVERY in NTFS displays an error from the software.

So I continue the MBR RECOVERY Media, I restart the PC and test.

@Chibi ANUBIS Works correctly in UEFI recovery, but a small problem on my part is, that instead of doing an installation in UEFI Default, I chosed the one in UEFI with data, with your OEMs.
    Now that I have the non OEM, in UEFI Default, after having installed, the Updates, Drivers, Utilities and Applications, copy Paste: Custom Installation \ Settings \ UEFI - Default \ ReCreatePartitions + ResetConfig in C: \ Recovery \ OEM and run sysprep from Recovery Project Build 2106 - Chibi ANUBIS \
    The script launches, and at the Mark updates as permanent step, it starts displaying from 0% to 10% then jumps to a second line starts from 0% and continues successfully to 100%, and continues with to the other steps. Stops the machine, I started it, the process starts loading and when it comes to the creation of the end user, up, an error, windows was not installed well .... please restart to continue the installation. I do that restart, and re-up the same mistake.
    What can I do, or what happened, or what step i did I forget ...
    Do you have a little idea?

15. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Hello, you don't have forget to change xml files in the root ?
    Is OK for the ReCreatePartitions + ResetConfig, you are a good student :)

16. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    New update upcoming :)
    Support Windows 11
    More smaller
    Customisable

17. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    New version uploaded, see the first post.
    Tell me if you prefere this new one :)

18. JeepWillys58

JeepWillys58 MDL Addicted

Nov 6, 2010
    Hi dear friend @Chibi ANUBIS

I can use the same process to make it with a Windows 11 ISO?

Thanks in advanced
    Regards

19. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    Yes of course my dear, is the build 22000 for Windows 11.

20. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    #100 AnarethoS, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    @Chibi ANUBIS
    Ok. I JUST found-out about your project based on mine. After all thoses years. I will have to take a look now to check if I can add some of your modifications back if you don't mind ?

Also, I don't remeber knowing you are based in France. You can write me in french in private, since it is my native tongue (after all, I come from the royaume de la poutine!)

EDIT : Ok. I just took a look in my inbox and I must suffer from amnesia becase we exchanged in french before. Lol. I need to sleep I think!

Have a nice day!