Redirect loop please answer below thread

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by iMPossibl, Apr 21, 2011.

1. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Is it possible to delete the partitions and restore them to my main hard drive?

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Yep, you surely can. Both from within Windows and via a bootable CD\DVD running a utility such as GPartEd or one of many others.

But your question is rather simplistic for a fairly serious operation. What partition, or partitions, are you specifically referring to? My main hard drive [Disk0] has four partitions one of which is c:. Windows [normally] won't allow you to remove the c: partition, but the other three are all fair game.

If you're talking about booting GPartEd, Partition Magic or some such utility you can wipe them all out quite easily.

Using either Windows or a bootable CD, or DVD, you can recreate partitions. But they'll be completely new partitions and contain non of the data that was there before you deleted the partition. I generally think of "restore" to mean a "put it back the way it was" sort of thing. A simple delete partition and create new one is not going to restore your data.

But Windows 7 Backup and Restore function and programs like Acronis True Image will preserve that data for later re-imaging of a partition that will put data back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Hi there could you repost in the thread below as this thread keeps redirecting me for some reason, I might of clicked post thread to many times...

4. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    I had the same thing, try clearing your browser cache, this worked for me.

5. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I did, this thread is only working now because I had changed the name of it.

6. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    wth i did what you said, clearing the cache and now.... it wont let me see the other thread i made...

7. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    I still get a redirect loop on the other. I will continue to investigate.

It was caused by the \ in c:\

8. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Sweet, I don't know how the hell the zahnoo guy manages to post there.

9. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Why would you want me to repost what you just responded to?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    It ain't easy.

11. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Ah, But i think it was because an admin closed it.

12. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    lol, oh great one tell me your secrets to the path of destruction lol

13. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Ahhh young Jedi. :cool:

The secrets to life are revealed as the years pass. And I've had quite a few years pass.

14. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Thank you oh great one, as I can see the passing years have not been kind to you..

15. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #15 zahnoo, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
    Oh they've been exceeding kind. :D

Having worked in the corporate world for 32 years I've now regained my soul (which i sold to the corporations for monthly pay) and now I just do what I want to do whenever I want to do it. Legal of course .

16. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Which of these corporations took your soul?

17. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #17 zahnoo, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
    I worked in the commercial nuclear power industry. The corp was a very large southern (USA) electric utility. Before that I taught college level Chemistry, Physics and Biology. School systems are know to take your soul too.