Reduced Functionality, Despite Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by PeanutButterandYam, Oct 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. PeanutButterandYam

PeanutButterandYam MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2021
    Does anyone else's Word slip into reduced functionality mode with everything greyed out? No matter which one I use - 2007, 2010, 2013, whatever - it always ends up doing this after a random amount of time, despite being activated. I can't type, I can't do a damn thing. I use KMS_VL_ALL, I use MAS, I'm at my wits' end here, is there anything I can do? Can someone here help me out? I can't find anyone else with this problem. I don't really need any part of Office other than Word for the work I do, so this is becoming quite the nuisance - any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

2. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    I recommended you this.

~ Scrub your Office using Any tool you like.
    ~ Restart the Computer.
    ~ Install Office (Again).
    ~ Activate.
    ~ Done.

that should fix your problems
    Forever

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xtreme21

Xtreme21 MDL Addicted

Jun 21, 2021
    You should heed @zucrin advice and do a proper full scrub of any Office installation, use @abbodi1406 tool Office Scrubber (Full_Scrub.cmd) and Reboot.

Up to date Word only options Online install - Online or Offline Install both posted earlier tonight.

Also it's not a good idea to keep trying different KMS solutions, stick to KMS_VL_ALL as it's constantly developed and updated.

4. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    If it was my problem
    I would format all system.If nothings help.
    What I did today actually. ( 2 times )
    my sandbox app fail again and again
    Reinstall windows and work ok now
    Sometime the system have failure.
    You can't fix it. No matter how much you try.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PeanutButterandYam

Oct 14, 2021
    #5 PeanutButterandYam, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    (OP)
    I've not used multiple KMS solutions at once, only one at a time per installation. KMS_VL_ALL and MAS alike never seemed to work for me. They'd activate just fine, and then they'd slip into reduced functionality.

I tried Microsoft Toolkit from Abbodi the other day, and it didn't work either. It'd activate, but it'd still go into reduced functionality and grey out everything. Also, Zuc, you said you recommended me those options, but I only saw them here, not anywhere else, unless you posted them elsewhere for me, in which case I must've missed them. I hope I don't have to format my entire computer, though. I'm not gonna go through all that just to use one program. I'd prefer to use 2010 also, as I'm most used to it, but I don't mind 2013. The newer ones, though, I could do without. But it seems every time I try to use 2010 et al, it keeps greying out...right now, I did what Zuc said with 2010, using KMS_VL_ALL instead of the toolkit. I'll get back to y'all if anything happens.

6. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
  7. PeanutButterandYam

Oct 14, 2021
    I did this, and it still happens. Honestly, I don't know why I've even bothered all this time. Sounds easier to just work on the document till it happens, save what I've done, re-open it, and rinse and repeat until I'm done. Seems I can't find a damn thing about this anywhere. I mean, everyone else seems to have it worked out, but I can't. I don't know the first thing about all this technical stuff, I only even signed up here because you had to login to read comments and Reddit's "get X karma to post in Y" system is lame.

8. PeanutButterandYam

Oct 14, 2021
    I'm getting "insufficient registry access permissions," what does this mean?

9. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Make sure you run as administrator

10. PeanutButterandYam

Oct 14, 2021
    I tried that, and I got an error that this file does not have an app associated with it.

11. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    test it now. all VBS OSPP TOKENS.DAT Scripts are fully worked on my VM

I have this tool in old version, update it now.
    there is a version bug in his tool, in the way he look for version.
    it show older version than current one.
    its good for 2013 version, but not for 2016, 2019, 2021 version.
    I don't write Russian, so I cant write him in RU Board ^^

12. Xtreme21

Xtreme21 MDL Addicted

Jun 21, 2021
    I'm using and posted the very newest Office-2013-2021-C2RInstall v7.3.4 yesterday. This post.

13. PeanutButterandYam

Oct 14, 2021
    #14 PeanutButterandYam, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    (OP)
    Xtreme, I used the Office-2013-2021-C2RInstall you mentioned, but I activated Office 2013 through the Office-2013-2021-C2RInstall itself instead over KMS_VL_ALL, as you said one could in the post you referred Zuc to. Well, the results are in and...it didn't work. It still does it. I think I'm just gonna give up and do what I said earlier: work around the reduced functionality. I don't have the time or patience to keep trying all these methods when all I wanted was just to use Word until I was done my project, then uninstall it.

14. PeanutButterandYam

Oct 14, 2021
    I forgot to mention, but I was getting them from the Internet Archive and other such sites. My current install of Office 15/2013 is from the Office-2013-2021-C2RInstall tool. As said, I tried to activate my copies through all the means listed on sites like MDL, but every single time, even though it activated just fine, at some random point in time, it'd slip into reduced functionality mode. I wouldn't use KMS_VL_ALL and MAS at the same time, just for each installation of some such Office set. It seems no one else has this problem because everywhere I go, everyone seems to be enjoying Office, Word, whatever just fine. Oh well. Like I said, I'll just work around it unless a real solution pops up. Thank you and Zuc for trying to help out.

15. PK&Y2

PK&Y2 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2021
    #16 PK&Y2, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    Hello, OP here - I forgot the password/email I used for that account.

I just wanted to report I had used the Office-2013-2021-C2RInstall tool to get Office 16/2016 and it worked quite well! But then, today, it went into reduced functionality mode. So, I exited the document I was working on, and reopened it....but now it automatically starts on reduced functionality mode and everything's greyed out. I open a brand new document on Word, it works. I open any other saved document, it works. But now the project I'm working on has everything greyed out from the start. So, I uninstalled via the method a few posts above, and....it still does it. I had to go back to an earlier draft of it.

16. PK&Y2

PK&Y2 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2021
    It's happened again, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

17. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    You not doing this: nuke and pave :tooth:

18. PK&Y2

PK&Y2 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2021
    I've scrubbed Office if that's what you mean. o_O