reduced functionlity mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gboy, Nov 20, 2008.

1. gboy

gboy MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2008
    hi all, hope someone can help. i have read how to get around the reduced functionality mode using internet explorer. but my computer is stuck with firefox. is there a fix to get out of r.f.m using this browser. i was up all last night reading the posts on this forum, just to let you know i have tried to work something out. it was vista ultimate i was using. i have a key for vista premium, if i cannot get out of the r.f.m in firefox. if there is a way to do that. hope you can help. kind regards. gboy. :confused:

2. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    maybe safe mode??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    In the adress bar type c: and windows explorer will open...:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Once you save the file using FF, you can run it...;)
    I've installed FF, just to test this...:eek:

5. gboy

gboy MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2008
    hi all, first of all i would like to say a big thank you to, shay_g, juzz & petar. for trying to help. much appreciated. when my computer is in r.f.m in mozilla firefox, that is also in r.f.m. so there is not much i can do in this browser. when i put c:in the address bar. it does not open windows explorer. so i dont know what else to do. has anybody got a ultimate key, i could try. if i could only get out of r.f.m. i could use a premium key i have. i could buy a ultimate key from the software4students site for £60. or has anyone got one to sell. kind regards. gboy. :confused:

6. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    i have an idea!!!
    just select a random link and click save as. Then browse files, then right click a folder and click Explore or go to c:\windows\system32 in the file name write cmd.* and now you will see the cmd.exe file, press on it with the right click, it will open for you a little menu, then chose in the menu "open"
    edit: or maybe try to download a rar file then open it with your winrar proggy and now you can go to c:\windows\system32\ via the winrar explorer

7. gboy

gboy MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2008
    reduced functionality mode

hi shay_g, i tried what you suggested, but could not get it to work. but thank you so much. it was very much appreciated. is there anyone who has a ultimate key to sell. kindest regards. gboy. :confused: