Refresh your PC Windows 8 without affecting your files

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by WIKIMACK, Jun 2, 2014.

1. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    hi

I put this post in Windows 8

excuse me

wiki;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    NOBODY POST A COMMENT?

WIKI:eek:

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Nice to share this knowledge with us but i use macrium reflect for system backup and restore :)

5. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Right answer here. In it's wildest dreams, Microsoft knows it can never come close to competing with real, full backup/restore solutions from the likes of Macrium, Acronis, Paragon, EaseUS and Aomei, so they try to fool users with imgrec. So sad.

6. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    #7 Flipp3r, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    Sorry WIKIMACK but this isn't new. It's been discussed before. Plenty of guides around...

If your notebook/PC came pre-installed with Windows 8+ then there's probably a recovery partition with the factory image.
    This image is used for Reset & Refresh.
    When you create your own image, you can use this new updated image for Refresh - without loosing your personal files.
    If you select Reset, the old factory image will be used & you've lost your personal files.

Note that this is not a backup package. It's not meant to compete with backup solutions at all....

7. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    #8 WIKIMACK, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    hi

If you want to unregister the custom recovery image active. If a recovery image provided by your computer manufacturer is present

Windows will use it when updating your computer. Otherwise, Windows will use your installation media when you refresh your computer.

Code:
    Recimg.exe /deregister

wiki.:rolleyes:

8. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    You avvez reason but the other esr post detailed "t I = demand that flesh out more:D