Regarding Aero in HomeBasic

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Phazor, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    The description of HomeBasic says 'Partial Aero Support'.

So just how 'partial' is it?

I assume no transparency, but what about color?

Could you change that ugly default-blue to say black?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    The Windows Basic UI offers an Aero-like look and feel without the glass effects.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Yeah, thats the official description.

But what exactly does 'aero-like' and 'partial' mean?

What are the actual differences compared to the full aero?

What are the restrictions?

In a VirtualPC VM for instance the 'basic' theme doesnt even allow you to change the color, so is that what you would get in HomeBasic too?

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    basic has no transparency but you can do everything else with it. It might not have Aero Peek either (the windows above the icons on your task bar that lets you hover over an app and hide the other ones)

5. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Aha. So color changes are possible. Thanks for answering this.

I see. Luckily thats not a feature i couldnt live without, (on the contrary), but if anyone who has ever seen HB outside a VirtualMachine could confirm this i would very much appreciate it anyway.

Thanks again.

6. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    The only thing I would install HB on, if i had the choice, would be my HTC phone. Otherwise its usually installed on computers not made to run it.

7. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Isn't it just Aero Basic?

8. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009

Well i did a feature comparison and features-wise it seems to be all i really need on this PC.

If it werent for that partial aero thing i had probably already installed it...

(Well that and the fact that there is no key yet.)

Attached Files: