RegEx Windows Search

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Duckz, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Duckz

Duckz MDL Junior Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm trying to perform a search of a directory and all of it's sub directories, for any files that contain a common string of characters. I've performed this search in the past, but I cannot remember how I did it.

I've been playing a bit in PowerShell, but I have no real knowledge of it, so I'm not too sure if I am even close.

Here is what I've got at the moment;
    Code:
    Get-ChildItem -Path "E:\TV Shows" -Recurse | Where-Object { $_.name -match '\S[0-9]+E[0-9]+-E[0-9]+\' }
    Basically, I want a list of files that contain in it's filename SxxExx-Exx (where xx is replaced by two numbers).

Am I on the right track?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Duckz

Duckz MDL Junior Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Solved.

Found that it was a piece of software I used in the past called UltraSearch.

Performed the exact search I was wanting to do with the above RegEx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    As will do FileLocator Lite

4. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Get-ChildItem -Path "E:\TV Shows" -Recurse | ? { $_.Name -match "^S[0-9]+E[0-9]+-E[0-9]+$" }