ReIcon v1.0 (Restore Desktop Icon Layouts)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by wtarkan, Dec 10, 2013.

1. wtarkan

wtarkan MDL Member

Sep 1, 2009
  2. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jellybelly

jellybelly MDL Member

Oct 30, 2009
    or Desktop Icon Position Saver amip.tools-for.net/files/dips64/

4. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    - What is the purpose of "Auto Range"?
    - Can't test, as I'm using single monitor.
    - Desktop Restore does exactly that. Menu items are:
    Save Desktop
    Restore Desktop
    Custom Save/Restore...

Last option can save to / restore from file.
    Could be useful... or not. :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wtarkan

wtarkan MDL Member

Sep 1, 2009
    - Auto Range is a Windows feature you shoult ask to Microsoft
    - there are lots of people who uses more than one monitor
    - Than use it , not ReIcon
    - You should say that

6. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    I asked about Auto Range from you, because I thought you're familiar with it and I did not find with few attempts anything other computer related about it than some IP (network) related stuff. Well, it can't be very important function if even you don't know much about it, regardless that it one of the "selling points" of ReIcon. :eek:

I know there are many people using multimonitor setting and I used to be one, before I got 24" 1920*1080 flat display. I'm not trying to say anything as stupid as "If I don't use something, it's useless". What I'm trying to say, I can't test the multimonitor functionality. :confused:

Compared the two and I'll keep Desktop Restore for it's simplicity. Still, ReIcon is quite handy, too. :tankyou:

Generally, I like the idea of software saving settings into file(s). Copy file(s) to another computer and the setting are easy to restore from the file(s). I wish there would be a way to easily import settings of installed softwares to another computer, regardless of OS versions. Possibility to export/import via file(s) would be handy, but it would be better to achieve this in one run per computer, instead of going thru every software.

Have a happy holidays!
    And remember the bright side: Tomorrow the day is longer than today ans summer is coming! :D

7. wtarkan

wtarkan MDL Member

Sep 1, 2009