Reinstall Bing Travel App in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by LoneCenturion, Jan 29, 2013.

1. LoneCenturion

LoneCenturion MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2013
    So I tried to update my Windows 8 apps from the store, and all the other apps updated and are working fine except for the Bing Travel App. It doesn't show up in the Apps section, nor does it show up on search. Whenever I open the Store, I get the "installing update" notification for Bing Travel, but the update is stuck on "Pending". The update has been downloaded, but there seems to be a problem with the installation. Is there any way I can reset the Bing Travel app?

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Seems to be a common problem on Windows 8 for now, what helped for me on a Netbook was to restart the computer and instantly try again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    I read today that removing application only means deleting the user contents if at least one user uses/used the app. try a new user on the machine if the package works at all.
    than maybe it will work by "removing" --> (deleting user contents) the application with dism or ps.

I haven't tested anything about this, but read today the whole sysprep documentation (and forwarding articels) for deployment of windows 8.

AND PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M TOTALY WRONG!