Reinstall Office extract RegEdit instalattio Keys and tokens

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by secaspider, Jul 8, 2020.

1. secaspider

secaspider MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    Hello. I want to reinstall My office2016 professional and I think the version is OEM cheaper key, that I bought months ago. I think there was a method to extract from the actual installation the tokens and from RegEdit the Key and rest of codes necessary to install a clean version and put it back.
    Any help?? Thanks in advance

2. Leif Targo

Leif Targo MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2009
    1) the Office Token is in this path: %windir%\System32\spp\store\2.0\data.dat This token alone is not useful.
    2) to make a backup of the token _and_ the office activation you can use a backup tool like "MSActBackup v1.25 by Ratiborus". This tool shows only the generic Office key from the registry, but not the real (OEM) key to restore the token (data.dat) and the activation. So the complete Office key is needed, the complete key is not in the registry.
    3) there are no tools that can show the installed and keys used for activation, tools are only showing the last five parts from the real key.
    sample:
    cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" /dstatus
    cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

---Processing--------------------------
    ---------------------------------------
    PRODUCT ID: 00000-12345-12345-12345
    LICENSE NAME: Office 16
    LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: ABCD - so there is no solution if you canĀ“t find the key that you bought months ago.

3. secaspider

secaspider MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    Thank you very much!!!!

4. N0t1s

N0t1s MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Hi there, perhaps Belarc Advisor could help you retrieveing your Office Serial Number. Give it a try if you still need to get your serial.

5. secaspider

secaspider MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks to all for the answers. Everything was helpful.

6. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Belarc Advisor ????? I doubt he can. I once tried to find an Office key but that is not possible with any tool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. N0t1s

N0t1s MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Well, it is true that I haven't used it for a very long while but, if I'm not wrong, it worked for me retrieveing Windows and Office serials, and some other well known software serials.

Sorry if it does not work now, but giving it a try doesn't seem to me like a very bad idea if you have no other options.

8. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I tried with everything and with Belaric. Nothing work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...