Reinstall windows 7 after installed win 8.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wvh123, Apr 11, 2013.

1. wvh123

wvh123 MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2013
    Hello,

I bought my Dell Inspiron 545 a couple years ago with windows 7 pre-installed. Back then, Dell didn't have the option to order a windows dvd along with the pc. In januari I bought and installed windows 8 on my pc, but I regret it ever since. I don't like the new OS. Now I would like to reinstall windows 7 again. I called Dell; they could send me a windows 7 dvd but it would cost me. According to Dell the product key for windows 7 was still in my bios. I was wondering if this is correct and if you can download windows 7 somewhere and use the product key already stalled in the bios. The windows version installed was: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - Dutch.

I found this thread: Windows 7 w/o SP1 and SP1 Media Refresh - Direct Download Links (on this forum)

But I'm not sure if this is correct.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks !

gr Wouter

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That means that you'll have to use the same Windows 7 Version for to reinstall, in your case Home Premium 64bit Dutch, for to use the Key from BIOS.

You could also use Ultimate and use Daz Loader for to activate which will works without problems.

May you check by the BIOS Modders, for the Cert and Bios for Ultimate for an Dell Laptop. Just do an search for your model and look they having (i think they will have) an modded BIOS already!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. wvh123

wvh123 MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2013
    You're sure the windows 7 key is not in the bios (or somewhere else) ? Because I bought my pc with a windows 7 license.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    LatinMcG is right. In Windows 7 there is an SLIC 2.1 Bios but without an inserted Key. Normally there should be an COA Sticker with the Key.

As I suggested already, check in BIOS Section for the Cert's and maybe the DELL OEM Key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. NotSoFastEddie

NotSoFastEddie MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2013
    Hi there,because W7 was preinstalled you should have a sticker on the bottom with your W7 product key.
    As for going back to W7,because your pc did not come with a recovery cd it has a recovery partition.As long as you didn't tamper with the recovery partition going back to W7 is easier because a standard W7 disk won't have all your drivers for internet and other hardware.Your dell might be different but on most pc's you start system recovery by repeatedly pushing F11 on startup.On one I've seen you pressed F8 instead and it's in the menu with safe mode options.Running system recovery(not system restore)will reinstall W7 with all your drivers and resets everything back to factory original.