Reinstall Windows Home Basic without Recovery Partition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by abiji, Jul 21, 2012.

1. abiji

abiji MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2012
    Guys I have a Acer 5755G and my windows is acting weird. I wanted to re-install windows using recovery partition but it seems Acer doesn't provide it. I can see recovery partition in Computer Management but is 100% free (15 of 15GB Free).Now i am looking for Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 ISO ? Any download links ? Torrent download appreciated. Also i want to know if I want to activate my Home Basic can i use the key under my laptop ? As a few people have told me that if you enter that key it might just work. Or should have go the other root and activate manually and back up the OEM files etc ?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. abiji

abiji MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2012
    I want Home Basic is to keep the windows Genuine and ready for future updates. In the downloads Media Refresh Home Basic doesn't have Home Basic Links so by remove the ei.cfg i will be able to Install the Home Basic and activate my windows later on by entering the key under my laptop ?

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Yes. ;)

[message to short]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes but but as I stated you will need to call MS to activate because the key on you laptop is OEM:COA key it is not the key used for factory installation it used a OEM:SLP key + certificate. As for being genuine OEM:SLP method is genuine if you use OEM:SLP key + certificate and install Home Basic you can go to windows anytime upgrade and enter Acer Ultimate OEM:SLP key for example and you will get upgraded to ultimate.

6. abiji

abiji MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2012
    Thank you for the replies guys.Downloading the following:Windows 7 SP1 Media Refresh Digital River Direct Links (5/12/2011 new releases with SP1 included)Windows 7 Home Premium x86: EnglishRegarding the Activation i think BIOSversion should work. In shot i have to make a back up of my Key + Certificate etc. Then after re-install use the key + certificate to activate via Biosversion.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007