Reinstallig genuine Windows that came with the laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lolcocks, Jun 4, 2015.

1. lolcocks

lolcocks MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2014
    I have a Dell laptop.

I would like to reinstall Windows 8.1 on it because of the BSODs. It came with Windows 8.1 Single Language.

How can I reinstall Windows without losing the genuinity of it?
    Can I get the original product key from the laptop as well as the Windows 8.1 official Single Language ISO and input the product key during installation or is there some other way?

2. lolcocks

lolcocks MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2014

I have a question, I have 4 same laptops. I am reinstalling Windows on one right now so when I will use this tool will the product key get embedded in the ISO? Or will I have to input it?

If I want to reinstall Windows ever again on the other laptops, will I have to use the Media Creation tool on that laptop too and get a new ISO made with that product key inputted?

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    The Key gets read from UEFI when you install Windows 8, you don't need to enter any key, Windows does that for you. But be aware you need to download the proper SKU which in your case is Single Language.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lolcocks

lolcocks MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2014

Well in My Computer Properties it shows Windows 8.1 Single Language. Is there any other way to confirm?

So it would mean that I cannot use the same ISO when reinstall Windows for other laptops right?