Reinstalling Windows 7 from Repository/ MacBookPro

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Huntn, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Huntn

Huntn MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2013
    #1 Huntn, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    I own a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, but during a remodel of my home, I've misplaced the DVD. I have the Windows serial number recorded. I'm having some issues where Windows does not want to update. At least it keeps trying to install available, the same (?) updates every time I shut down. Can Windows Restore be used to go back in time? The problem is that I don't know how far back I'd need to go to resolve this issue. I assume something I've installed is interfering with Windows updates. I'd like to confirm if I download the 64bit Windows 7 from the Repository Page, I'll be able to reinstall my version of Windows 7? Thanks! :) BTW, I am using a MacBookPro, where I dual boot into Windows using Bootcamp. I have a Mac Utility called WinClone which I use to keep images of my C drive. I also will be trying to restore an earlier version of my C drive from this. Anyone here in like circumstances, ie using a Mac with Windows? My primary interest in Windows 7 is gaming. :)

2. Huntn

Huntn MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2013
    Thanks for all the interest to my question! Anyway as a bare minimum I'd like to know if I download the 64bit Windows 7 from the Repository Page, I'll be able to reinstall my version of Windows 7 Home Premium? Thanks!

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...