Rejected!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Astrogoth, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Astrogoth

Astrogoth MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2011
    #1 Astrogoth, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    Tried to run setup for W8 x64. Got most of the way done only to see a simple page say it wouldn't work on my system. Nothing more. It rolled back to W7 nicely. I have no idea what it found wrong. It didn't say why.

Was it the drivers, the SSD drive, the OC, activation, the price of tea in China? Who the hell knows. I do know W7 works perfectly and W8 takes twice as long to install. Ideas? Please!

Also, when I tried to d/l the W8 x64 ISO image it took one second to complete. Looked in downloads. There it was, one 0kb file. Huh? Repeated. Same. So sometime in the last year my computer forgot how to download ISO files. Fantastic. Ideas?? Please!!

2. Lek81

Lek81 MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2009
    Hi Astrogoth, welcome to MDL!

It sounds like you're trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 8. If this is not working then it's likely a piece of installed software or driver causing the problem. In my opinion you should always clean install an operating system. Upgrades can fail, a clean install will always work as long as your hardware is compatible with the operating system. What are your system specs?

If you are trying to download the ISO file from the thread: [DOWNLOAD] [RELEASES COMPLETE] Windows 8 Release Preview. Then maybe try another browser if yours is not working or check your security software. I am downloading the 64bit English ISO now.

Good luck!

3. Astrogoth

Astrogoth MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2011
    Took your advice. Ran the Assistant. 27 good with 4 bad things found. I clicked on the "See compatibility details" link. It was dead.
    Nothing happened. Turned off the firewall and the antivirus. Nope. Checked Windows security settings. Medium-Low. That's not it.

Ideas?

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...