[Release] CLUpdater - Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade first.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Proph, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Proph

Proph MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    #1 Proph, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Downloading ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Proph

Proph MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    @fkar I accidentally uploaded an old copy. Please redownload for the newer version. That old copy works... but it works in a little bit different way.

4. akhmedtaia

akhmedtaia MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2013
    #4 akhmedtaia, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    ok, so we still have to manually validate our copy 1st before we use this? maybe this should be made clear ;)

6. cheezels

cheezels MDL Junior Member

Jan 17, 2015
    This seems overkill. I just have gatherosstate.exe on a USB/Server and I just run that and collect the XML. Then I do a clean install (or restore image) and dump the XML in ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/ClipSVC and call it a day. Seems to work on everything I've tried so far, all activated perfectly with clean Win10 afterwards (Windows 7/8.1 32 & 64bit, even with KMS/Loader tools). :biggrin:

Appreciate the work anyway though!

7. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    cool, did u validate your windows 1st?

8. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Yep, you have to validate your Windows 7/8/8.1 first.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. RADITZDJ

RADITZDJ MDL Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What's the difference with stickied Yen's thread?
    Is this tool to "simplify" Yen's manual steps?
    So without connect online this tool can activate win 10? (while Yen's steps still get to Online to get it activated)

10. Proph

Proph MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    So far the program does do a basic check for you. But it does not check the validation online yet. As I need to figure out the best way to accomplish this. As it is beta... it is implied that you should check for yourself and we come up with good ideas on what the best way to proceed is. ;)

11. Proph

Proph MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    Yes... it may be overkill. But thats how I do things. lol. You are welcome to continue doing it the manual way. As for me I like to document the things I do with programming. So it's also kind of a journal for me. ;)

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Doesn't upgrading but choosing "Keep Nothing" achieve the same result as a clean install without the messing about ?

13. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    almost the same, but upgrading can take a looooong time sometimes.. fresh installing is faster and has no way of getting any kind of errors or problems with previous files from previous windows.

14. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Just thinking about it, because I repair machines at home for £, and a lot of them don't have a COA, but they do have 'usually' a genuine windows install that is very broken, normally too broken to capture these files needed for this threads trick

I'm thinking I might just upgrade all of them running 7 or later, to 10, using the Keep Nothing method, and then hit the reset button in recovery to give a clean install

Saves me p1ssing about clean installing 7 or 8.1 and waiting for a billion updates, and having to use MTK or WL to activate them

15. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    #15 yro, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    I understand. This methopic on this topic is just another alternative. But on your case (thats mine too) the upgrade can be a pain and eventualy you will go for clean installation. Windows 7, when installed, create a second boot partition with 100mb. In some cases Windows 10 just break this partition (the informations enerated by windows 10 takes almost 200mb, and on fresh install windows 10 create a second partition with 500mb of space) and on next reboot it wont boot anymore because of missing files on bootloader or something else related to its boot partition. And You can take in count the problem when upgrading from windows 7 or 8 with antivirus, a lot of softwares and files everywhere (users do it, sadly), then you maybe just go for clean install instead of upgrading, so you can have a nice install without too much troubles...

edit.: atleast I prefer to do this way: if the harddrive has 500gb or more, I split it in 2 particions, 1 for backup and the other for the os itself. 200 / 300gb, so all goes well. if needed I use some linux distro to boot from a pendrive or dvd, split the hdd, copy all user files to the backup partition and then go for clean install. with windows 10 its more easy when you can change default folders so I keep the sctructure of windows 10 on this backup partition so after installing I edit the default folders to the folders located on this backup. this way users can have peace of mind using its computers and the only way of losing files is when hdd gets damaded. otherwise all the files will be storaged on the backup partition. kind of funny that linux has it for a long time, but hey microsoft.. better later then never... :p

edit.: just to bring some more tips on windows 10 activation, i posted on another topic this: actualy, I dont see how could microsoft "block" illegal copies from the free upgrade.

for the free upgrade the windows 7 / windows 8 has to be validated online. If Microsoft is validating "almost" everyone with pirated copies, then how could they "block" these copies if "they" actualy understand these copies as original?

keep in mind that not everyone is able to upgrade from a pirated copy. only who is using windows 7 with daz loader and some with kms on windows 8. in fact, they try their best to block these copies, but when these copies bypass the online check for legal copy status, then we are good to go. even microsoft is good with it, otherwise they already could be blocking. the fact is that they dont know how. if they did know how, all these windows 7 and 8 could be getting blocked for sometime now.

my vote is to go for windows 10 if you intent to and be cool with your activated hardware.

on the other hand, if they figure out a way to identify these pirated copies bypassing their activation status check, they will indeed block everybody, but only who try to activate when they already have a way to identify it. who did the upgrade bypassing the activation status check is good because it was activated by their own servers.

the process of upgrading takes some steps, that they are:

1) check your windows 7 / windows 8 activation status;
    * the activation status is checked online, but the resulted status is located on the user machine so it can be checked "offline";

2) windows 10 is installed (via upgrade of fresh installation);

3) windows 10 check for the activation status located on your machine (offline) and grab the informations for hardware and original copy status (if ok or if not ok);
    * these informations are stored in an xml file;

4) windows 10 send the xml file (or its strings only, nobody knows yet) to the microsoft lisencing servers and store it there so the hardware can be always activated if the string mach with the hardware activated for the first time;
    * windows 10 will not verify any kind of activation status on the machine or the servers. it will only send the actualy "activated xml" file to the server so it can be stored there and then windows 10 will have back an response informing that this xml is ok so windows 10 will show you activated status.

thats it.

nobody knows if microsoft will elaborate another way of checking activation on windows 10, from upgrade or from key activation, but for who already upgraded using this xml method, these will never get blocked because thats the way it is.

16. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
  17. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    this is nice because we can always install windows 10 with our hwid on any kind of hardware and then replace the xml with the hardware we are installing windows 10. we will still have our own copy of windows 10, activated automaticaly. nice indeed but I need to ask you: how can we store the activated xml file on our windows 10 iso?

18. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
  19. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    thanks. didnt see that topic.

20. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #20 xinso, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    It is OK. I hope you would like it.