Remoting into a Windows 8 Pc

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by stephenjones007, May 3, 2015.

1. stephenjones007

stephenjones007 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    I have a macbook pro running yosemite, i5 about 8gb ram and In my basement I have a windows 8.1 desktop. I would like to know if there is a way or software for me to remote into the desktop from the mac over lan to access the resources on the desktop and also run the programs. If anyone has experience with this, would there be a lot of lag as well?

2. goldfinger

goldfinger MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Yes you can and yes there will be lag. You need an RDP client for your Mac. Microsoft makes one and there are plenty of others available. Lots of VNC clients also support the RDP protocol. Google: Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac.

3. rofz

rofz MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2015
    Yes, Microsoft Remote Desktop and it is available on the App Store. And it's free! And it works!! :eek:

4. reagentc

reagentc MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2015
    I'm using the Remote Desktop client by Microsoft from the AppStore. It works very well, no noticeable lag when connecting to my win 8.1 desktop. There is a little lag when connecting to my win 7 workstation laptop.

5. aaronfranke

aaronfranke MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2015
    Download and install TeamViewer. It works on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android, and seamlessly allows control of your devices, even if you're on the other side of the world.