Remove ei.cfg not working??? Trying to version select Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by phasezero, Dec 25, 2011.

1. phasezero

phasezero MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I used the removal utility and confirmed that the ei.cfg file has been removed from the iso. After i burn the file and attempt to install win7, it never prompts me to select a version and proceeds to install enterprise every time. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for your time.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    That is beacuse you downloaded enterprise and its the only version available in that Image /facepalm..
    If the images has 2 or more versions it will ask you, otherwise not.

Removing ei.cfg will let you install any of the versions available in that *.wim file.

3. phasezero

phasezero MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    Crap. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll load the wim files to check my downloads. Thanks again.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Windows 7 Enterprise is an solid version, if you've downloaded by the FREE EVAL Center....

Others, can integrate the Enterprise in others WIM's, as Windows 7 All Versions including the Enterprise, from the EVAL Center :cool:

Always fresh ISO's from MSDN [OEM compatible versions] (Starter/HomeBasic/HomePremium/Professional/Ultimate), will have all editions in the WIM, without Enterprise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...