remove watermark on 7600

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lenster, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Lenster

Lenster MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    I installed W7 X64 7600 16385 and activated using a 2.1 modded bios and cert.
    It activate fine and shows that it is licensed to me. After a slew of installing programs and tweaks, i noticed that I now have a watermark in the lower right corner that says:
    Windows
    Build 7600

I don't want to use the patch that was available for the earlier versions. How can I get rid of it?

Len

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Activate with a non-blacklisted SLP Key :)
    Just wait till a new one is leaked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    How about we stop saying that the 22TKD key is blacklisted. It still activates and no updates have been released to block it.

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I am using that key and do not have any watermarks on my system.

5. Lenster

Lenster MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    It's not the Key. It was fine after activation and all the posted updates were installed. Somehow it got there after my dicking around with Windows 7 Manager and Auslogics Boostspeed, but I can't figure out how to turn it off again.

6. hersounds

hersounds MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I think the real question here is why? , not how?

7. Lenster

Lenster MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
  8. Bax!

Bax! MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Well obviously one of the tweaking programs you were "dicking around with" has set it.

Try W7Manager and check the box to set it....save... reboot then UNCHECK it - save and reboot.

9. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    You are absolutely correct....all this talk about a blacklisted key has not occurred for Microsoft has yet to release Windows 7 to the public

10. Lenster

Lenster MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    Already did that. But thanks anyway

11. In2it

In2it MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    The version or watermark in bottom right hand corner is set in registry.
    Go to HKCU control panel desktop
    If paintdesktopversion is 0, no watermark, if 1 you get watermark.

12. Lenster

Lenster MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    As per my previous post. I added that value to the appropriate key and set it to 0. Rebooted and still have the watermark. I can live with it. I just cover it with a gadget. LOL

13. macssam

macssam MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    +

Auslogics Boostspeed did the same thing to my build 7600

I did not USE Win7Manager anymore because it removes
    all the DHTML code from all web files on all the HD's of the entire machine
    I have contacted Win7Manager 's support
    unfortunately the makers of Win7Manager DON'T know
    what DHTML or HTML is ...

14. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    You could try going back to an earlier restore point if it gets too annoying...then do your tweaks one at a time, or in "batches", so you can narrow down and perhaps figure out what caused the problem...or dont mess with stuff :p

15. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Some of the pre-RTM toolkits exchange the old RC tokens and pkey files for the RTM. Thus it shows the watermark and if you run winver it shows an expiration of 3/2010.

Be sure to use the Hazar or Orbit/Hazar lo*ders. They work fine for RTM using the Lenovo key.