Removed windows 7 loader to test if bios was patched ok, windows stays deactivated

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rakeesh, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Rakeesh

Rakeesh MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    I just flashed my bios with a modded one found here, and wanted to test it out so I uninstalled Daz's windows 7 loader, and when it booted back up, it says windows is not genuine. I checked the SLIC tables with AIDA64 and it says it is there, so I am wondering if there is another step I need to take for it to work?

From what I understand, a properly loaded SLIC table should just automatically activate with a fresh install of windows without even providing a key, but perhaps it is different with an existing installation? Do I have to provide a key?

2. Rakeesh

Rakeesh MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    Ah ok, so the only real benefit of a bios mod is that there's just no program to run at startup?

EDIT: Er not "startup" so to speak but in the early boot stage.

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The advantage to the BIOS mod is it can't go missing if you mess up the partition boot sector. However, the loaders advantage is it's system compatibility and the fact that you don't have to risk flashing anything. And I'd bet that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two methods :p

Each time you format you'll need to install the certificate and serial. The loader application can do this for you without installing the loader as long as you've got a valid SLIC in your BIOS and your systems clean.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...