RemoveWat crashed my comp.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by UnderPL, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnderPL

UnderPL MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2011
    Sup ,I need help. RemoveWat freezed my system, can't boot on windows 7. After I choose it from the boot loader, my comp reboot. I had applied the patch long time ago, but I think some update (KB971033) made my comp non genuine (message at boot). So I just dled it, removed WAT and reapplied. At the reboot, it crashed and my comp always restart. I also can't go to the startup repair same thing happen. Please help me.[/QUOTE]

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    People need to understand that RemoveWAT is dead, useless and that it will mess up your system.

You could try using a recovery point from your Windows 7 DVD by going through the repair options. You might also be able to access safe mode by pressing F8 as your system boots.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UnderPL

UnderPL MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2011
    That's actually what I have in mind. Just gotta find a dvd so I can burn windows 7. thanks for replying so fast.

any other suggestions?

4. UnderPL

UnderPL MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2011
    I burned a cd with system restore only, booted up on it. Nothing happened, comp restarted itself again. So I went up the internet to download microsoft 7. While I was downloading, I rebooted the non-working comp and pressed F8 just for a try and to my surpise windows loader worked. So I choosed system repair, repaired the comp, restarted and everything fine.

so yea its FIXED, you can close the thread.

thanks again