RemoveWAT failed on HPXW8200 Windows 2008 Standard

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by libertard, Oct 23, 2009.

1. libertard

libertard MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #1 libertard, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    Some strange behaviour such as mouse movement, features are being turned off on windows manager (Roles, Features) ect and OS seem to be unstable

'In theory this should have a 100% success rate on all machines.'. In practice...??!

2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I am afraid that is not possible ;)

3. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    Your saying but it's real

Of course it could just happened to my workstation with new Windows 2008 S :confused:

4. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #4 FreeStyler, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    #5 libertard, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  6. MrXSpekta

MrXSpekta MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    You tried this on Windows Server 2008.

According to HAZAR's RemoveWAT thread, this only supports R2? No support for 2008. Obviously it won't work then.

Sorry if I missed something, haven't been on the forums lately, so might be a bit behind.

7. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Ayup, Hazar should wrap a GUI around his original version that did do Vista and 2008 vanilla. New version is specific for W7/R2 only

8. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    You're right

Finally. Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Edition 3 (SAFE) 3.116 BY NAPALUM successfully activated my Windows 2008 STD on HWXW8200. Work without a glitch. Thanks 'NAPALUM' for his very advanced program (change new key at no time) and sharing his effort

Well, other activators are much simpler and very 'basic' even the beginner is able to use with less effort. I personally collected them all but only start with the one I feel comfortable. I want thank them all for all the hard work

9. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Congratulations on turning your server 08 into a frankenbuilt 7. That's why it worked. All you do is complement the napalum loaders and trash all the others, despite it being a tokens frankenbuilder. You will now also receive updates for 7, not server.

10. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    Why we have to fight for nothing? It's just people's opinion

Read before exposing your bad attitute: (Some one deleted one of my post yesterday intentionally and it's selfishness)

'I personally collected them all but only start with the one I feel comfortable. I want thank them all for all the hard work'

Is this enough for you? I just... :D:D:D:D:D:D

11. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I thought you meant all of napalums work.

But seriously, the only reason it worked on it was because it frankenbuilds the OS to use 7 activation files, which is why it works on all editions. I am going to add original 08/Vista support to removewat soon.

12. Rite

Rite MDL Member

Sep 26, 2009
    WAT replacing your Loader?

Are you putting more effort now in the WAT direction over your Loader?

13. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    I like when you mentioned 'why it WORKS on all editions'

and called other effort 'frankenbuilds'. Kind a... :D:D:D:D:D

14. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    No I'm saying the reason the NAPALUM loader works on all editions is because is it is a frankenbuild

15. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    Dou you really meant...

The 'Frankenbuild' monster...
    Over the last few weeks, we've seen a number of attempts at workarounds for Vista product activation. As of now there are at least two distinct workarounds that have worked to some degree, but I'm sure there are more on the way. One of these workarounds we have affectionately named "frankenbuild" because it involves cobbling together files from an RC build and with an RTM build to create a hybrid that bypasses activation. The other workaround involves the use of some virtualization technology and our practices for activating larger business customers.
    For me, it's an interesting moment. We've been investing a lot of resources into continuously evolving our approach to piracy. One of the key "pillars" we focus on is what we call the Engineering pillar - this is essentially the body of work that shows up in the products themselves (as opposed to policy or education efforts). With the release of Windows Vista we're putting into place a number of new anti-piracy innovations. And with these first work arounds we're getting to see those innovations in action.

I thought it would be useful to walk through what our plan is for the "frankenbuild" systems.

Windows Vista will use the new Windows Update client to require only the "frankenbuild" systems to go through a genuine validation check. These systems will fail that check because we have blocked the RC keys for systems not authorized to use them. In other words, the wrong key is being used. The systems will then be flagged as non-genuine systems and the experience will be what we announced back in October (direct link to doc)- including losing certain functionality (e.g. Aero, ReadyBoost) and the system will have 30 days to activate with a good product key. If they don't produce a new product key within 30 days, they will then only be able to access their system in what we call reduced functionality mode - a mode which limits their use to one hour with their default web browser. I want to be clear here that even though they can only use their browser for an hour, we will never limit their access to their data. A user can always -boot their PC into what is called Safe Mode. Safe Mode is a mode of using Windows that has limited driver, display and networking support - but allows a user access to all their files.

We hope that this action will help get the message out that pirating Windows Vista will have real consequences and will, in turn, encourage people to check before they buy.'

after this article?

16. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Anything that modifies the tokens.dat/pkeyconfig files is a frankenbuild.

17. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Good evening. This sounds like arguing which I will not have on this board. Hazar is right here. The "loader" in question isn't. It is an "activator" that changes certain files to make it seem activated in turn making it a frankenbuild from older Windows 7 Beta/RC files.

Therefore, please take heed of people who understand more and have a higher status in MDL than argue with them.

18. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    To be 100% preciese, it isn't usnig the old beta files, it uses a tokens.dat from windows 7 ultimate RTM and activates using the ultimate key. Because its licensing has been changed to that of ultimate, it can be activated that way.

But yes I am thankful you have responded in such a way to clear this up.

Hazar

19. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok Harry. Anymore problems please go to the Official RemoveWAT Topic!

20. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    :eek:

my real name!

Sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiii-----------------