RemoveWAT stopped working for me

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aviramof, Feb 3, 2010.

1. aviramof

aviramof MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    i don't know what happen i even haven't used windows 7 much in the past few days because i was
    busy installing ubuntu and understanding how to use it i just entered windows 7 and then i get a messege saying that maybe the windows is not genuine and now i can't change background i'v restored wat and removed wat again but nothing changed i can still can't change background any
    soultion to this problem?

thanks in advance.

2. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    #2 aviramof, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    (OP)
    ok never mind i did system restore and now it's fine it's look like because of all ubuntu installtion and etc i'v triggerd the startup repair and that what caused the not genuine problem.

in any case i think it should be looked it after all if startup repair can cause this then i guess there is something more that need to
    be changed to prevent this from happening.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    My bad, I should have read further into the page or in the beginning lol

Thanks

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It's all good, it just would be bad if someone installed that and f*cked their system up. BTW, I am guessing that Hazar will fix this issue when he updates RemoveWAT, I hear he will be doing that in about 2 weeks so I guess for everyone who uses RemoveWAT just should wait til he updates it to 2.2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. aviramof

Sep 2, 2009
    ok first of all i'm using the latest windows 7 and the latest removewat and i'm not talking about the watermark the problem is that startup repair also repair something about windows activation that made windows recognize it's not genuine desptie the fact that
    removewat was still installed and even reinstalling it did not fixed the problem with the
    black screen and no background only system restore did so something must be done
    to prevent startup repair from repairing removewat and that is all.:):):)