RemoveWAT - Windows Restarting Every 2 Hours

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by realgujju, Mar 14, 2010.

1. realgujju

realgujju MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2009
    Having RomoveWAT patch applied, Windows 7 Ultimate - Build 7600 is restarting every 2 hours. First I thought, it would be the virus problem but then later found out from event viewer thats its Windows Activate error which causing the problem.

Now my question is Restoring activation (using RemoveWAT) will make windows expired or will give 3 days activation period so that i can apply another working patch ? most likely DAZ loader.

Expert please advice.

Thanks

2. Converseallstar95

Converseallstar95 MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I have this problem too

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Just uninstall it,rearm your 7,try the new version of RemoveWAT,if same happens try using a loader..

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    May I suggest a bios mod? :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    #5 Hazar, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    Edit: my bad, didn't read the post.

Sorry, but it is really unlikeley be RemoveWAT thats restarting your PC. MS only do that with timebombs. Don't you think I would be shutting down by now? :p

6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Aha, I know what you've done.

You've replaced the tokens with RC ones from some other god awful hack, and it's causing the expiry from the RC to happen.

7. Converseallstar95

Feb 2, 2010
    So how do I fix it...

And BTW whats a loader/bios mod?

8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    The best fix to recover from messed up tokens is a clean install - others may suggest how to recover them but do you really want a compromised system ??

If you answer yes to above install Windows Me.

Seriously - a loader is software that tricks Windows into "thinking" (quotes because Windows can't really think) it is installed on an OEM machine like a Dell where activation is achieved without connecting to M$ servers online.

To do this it emulates a table of data called SLIC 2.1, installs a matching digital certificate to your system and installs the OEM SLP key - viola activated.

For this to work the loader must run at boot time !

A BIOS mod is where you flash your BIOS with a modified one which includes the SLIC 2.1 table - no need for loader as the certificate and key can be inserted by 2 simple commands.

Hope that explains a little.

PS - as a new member I'd use Daz's loader to activate my brand new install and make sure you have a reliable DVD to install from - download a good one or if you can't beg, borrow or steal one - it sounds like you've gotten hold of a horribly hacked "Frankenbuild" one or you used an older so-called activator from the Beta/RC release days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Converseallstar95

Feb 2, 2010
    Well I have one machiene with a legal/legit copy I bought, but my other dosnt have a key and ive used like 30 thing and I went through the new update thing and it was all messed up.
    But I didn install a loader once and it gave me a red screen with a bunh of windows booting options and whatever one I picked it sayed error grub or something.