removing bootmgr

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by silverfoxx1, Jan 13, 2013.

1. silverfoxx1

silverfoxx1 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2010
    tried to backup my c drive op system but acronis kept saying need to backup my e drive as well ! on investigation found it was using bootmgr on e drive i think this was off months ago when i duel booted with win8,anyway disconnected e drive and reinstalled win7 on cdrive all ok reconnected e drive went to remove boot folder and could not followed various tuts on how to remove this folder by giving permissions any way when finally tried to remove folder it still says i require administraters permission,even though i am the administrator,so please how do i proceed from here to remove this damn and annoying folder regards:mad:

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. silverfoxx1

silverfoxx1 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2010
    have tried it it says have full access but when i go to delete it it says do not have administraters permission regards

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Then your only option is to boot from an live Win7 from USB/DVD and delete from there. Or better from a live DVD with linux. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #5 bludgard, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

Attached Files:

6. silverfoxx1

silverfoxx1 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2010
    thanks for everyone's help SOCRAT i made a live dvd of utuntu and was able to delete the two offending files this i wont forget as it took two days of searching and trying different ways to delete these files regards