Removing HM70 CPU lock

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by zungie, Apr 4, 2015.

1. zungie

zungie MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2015
    As far as I can see nobody has done serious work on removing the HM70 CPU lock (30 minute shutdown) issue or at least been successful in solving it, please tell me I'm wrong...

Does anyone know for sure how this lock is implemented so we can track it down, Suggestions are that the lock is implemented in firmware in Intel ME but I have not found any obvious settings that can do this.

As the CPU lock shuts the computer down after 30 minutes, logically there should be a configurable line item or maybe a counter running somewhere that can be reset or at least be observed triggering the shutdown.

If it is indeed in Intel ME this should be solvable by the great minds of MDL :worthy: so could somebody point me in the right direction or offer some suggestions on how to track this lock down..

Hardware: Gateway NE56R - B960 ---> i7-2630QM

Runs really well.. for 30 minutes.. :mad:

2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    There's something wrong with your unit. Perhaps overheating. Run a burnin & monitor temp & see results...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zungie

zungie MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2015
    No, trust me here its the CPU lock on the board this is a well know issue and I am trying to find a solution to it.

4. Zungie is right. There is a CPU lock on HM70. I have an asus x301, replaced Intel CPU with i5 Core and after 30 minutes it shutting down.
    Other X301 with factory i3 CPU have HM76. Now I am changing the motherboard.