Removing of the beep from POST in Phoenix Bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mateuszd, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mateuszd

mateuszd MDL Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Hello everyone.

I have researched Google but it did not give me a single clue for resolution of that problem... o_O
    Basically I have an Acer Aspire Z5610 with built in speakers (All-In-One PC) and when the computer starts it beeps so loudly that I can hear it in the other rooms in my house. It's so annoying especially when restarting the pc later at nights.

So the question is really easy (Yes/No ;)). Is is possible (and would someone be able to) mod the BIOS rom so that it does not beep after the POST succeeds? Hope it's possible, I didn't like that beep sound since ween I purchased this pc. :p

Thank you. :cool:
    MateuszD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Polymath

Polymath MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2009
    Generally if you enter your machines BIOS setup, if you select 'quick boot' or 'silent boot' or a similar menu item it will not display the POST status messages on your screen during BIOS POST test but rather just a splash screen. The single beep that occurs at the conclusion of the test indicates no errors found so when you configure the quick boot, the beep should be suppressed .. AKA silence. Your mileage may vary but on virtually every machine in the last 15 years I've seen the above should give you silence although Acer has a tendancy not to make it easy to configure the BIOS on select models.

Take care

3. mateuszd

mateuszd MDL Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Unfortunately the BIOS is already set up to quiet mode. The beep is played before the splash scteen appers.
    It also does not look very customisable... Only advanced settings and chipset options are there. Nothing much to customise. BIOS is really restricted.
    Is there any way to unblock hidden features of it or patch the bin file to get rid of it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...