Removing Paradox Crack ?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cvista, Oct 30, 2008.

1. cvista

cvista MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2008
    Hi All

Please excuse my noobiness :)

I want to update my Vista installation to SP1 - I installed Vista Ultimate using the Paradox crack (can't remember which manufacturer I set it to emulate) - but I know that SP1 detects this.

Can I remove Paradox, install SP1 and then install Vista Loader (v3? I'm a noob as I said ;-)) - any pointers in how to do it ?

I'd rather not have to install Vista from scratch if that's at all possible...

Thanks !

2. Bazariux

Bazariux MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2008
    Paradoxx

Paradoxx crack is the emulated bios crack way. So vista loads the emulated bios instead of an original and activates itself. If the emulated bios is removed its possible that you wont be able to upgrade vista. Better solution - mod bios and remove the crack. if needed, change cert and the serial. there are lots of info on google about that. I think SP1 has built-in update of crack detection and vista will detect Royal.sys driver that will couse more and more problems. Personally i think you can update till SP1. there are lots of performance updates for vista till SP1. Good luck. btw, if your system runs fine then do not update to SP1.

3. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cvista

cvista MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2008
    #4 cvista, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)