Removing Vista Product Key, OEM Certificates, OEM Logos or Tokens.dat

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Shecky, May 19, 2008.

1. Shecky

Shecky MDL Novice

May 19, 2008
    #1 Shecky, May 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I've uninstalled the Paradox OEM BIOS Emulation Driver successfully, but in this article:

Code:
    http://www.mydigitallife.net/2007/08/11/how-to-remove-and-uninstall-vista-activation-cracks-with-voatk-tools/
    it mentions this at the end:

"VOATK Tools will not remove the Vista Product Key, OEM Certificates, OEM Logos or Tokens.dat that have been installed. So after removing the crack, you may need to activate Vista again."

Once I uninstalled the emulation driver using VOATK Tools, rebooted, and checked my System Properties, it shows that Windows is still activated.

So my question to you guys is, how do you officially remove the Windows Vista Product Key, OEM Certificate, OEM Logo or Tokens.dat?

Thanks in advanced guys. :)

2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #2 petar, May 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shecky

Shecky MDL Novice

May 19, 2008
    Thanks a lot petar. I'll give it a whirl and let you know. :cool:

4. zazo

zazo MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    thank you

thank you very much it was vrery usefull.

5. viperman999

viperman999 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    I got a question here: I have Windows Vista installed on the primary hard drive using the Asus slic 2.0 bios and Asus certifcate for my P5B. I"m planning to install Windows 7 on the secondary hard drive on the same system. I will be using the P5B HP slic 2.1 Bios & HP certificate to activate 7. Since the P5B is using the HP slic 2.1, if I booted the primary drive with Vista, do I need to remove the Asus certicate and implement the HP certificate for Vista? Thanks for any insights into this.