Removing Win7 Bootmgr

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MCGamer, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    So, when I installed Windows 7, I installed it on a separate partition so that I wouldn't have to do a clean install, and now, I formatted the partition that Windows 7 was installed on.
    BUT...
    When I restart my computer, I still get the Windows 7 start-up screen (Start on an earlier version of Windows, Windows 7, etc.).
    My question is: How do I remove this?
    Do I have to remove a boot manager or somethin'?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Qams

Qams MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    Do I have to remove a boot manager or somethin'?
    Yes! that is available at Active partition

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ipkonfig

ipkonfig MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Is there no solution to this except installing easybcd?

Wont executing X:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force work out (just like it did for Windows Vista)?

5. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Do you have religious objections to using easybcd? It is graphical, intuitive and easy to use.

6. ipkonfig

ipkonfig MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Please do not see my query as a challenge to your wisdom. I was just asking something that popped up in my mind ..

7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    No problem