Repair Boot from DVD

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by jetjock, Mar 18, 2013.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I've restored my drive from an Acronis backup (System Reserved and all) but when I try to boot to it I'm asked to repair boot from Win 7 DVD.

My question: if I repair the boot and it either works or it doesn't, will I still be able to switch back to the drive that I'm on now, that also has Win 7 but no System reserved partition, and boot to it? I'm really afraid to repair the boot on my SSD for fear of loosing my ability to boot to this drive, as it's all I have left that's working! :fear2:

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    do repair on 1 hdd . unplug other ?

3. jetjock

Mar 6, 2010
    That's what I planned on doing. I am just afraid that if the repair on that SSD doesn't work I won't be able to boot back to my HDD that's working now. I assume that I will be able to but since I don't know if changes are made to the BIOS when I repair the SSD, I'm worried that my HDD might get borked!

jetjock: :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jetjock

Mar 6, 2010
    For anyone following this thread, here is an update. I went ahead and did the "boot repair" from the Win 7 DVD. I now have my SSD drive back to where it was when all this #%$@ hit the fan! I also am still able to boot into my old, 32bit version of Win 7 that I was afraid of loosing. :clap3: Thanks to LatinMcG for the help. :worthy:

jetjock: :plane: