repeated & random internet disconnections

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zanmat0, Oct 3, 2009.

1. zanmat0

zanmat0 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    Hi,

I've been using W7 for a few days now and lately I've been getting disconnected from the Internet for no apparent reason. I just switched over from Vista, where I never had this problem.

If I disable and re-enable my network adapter (LAN), the internet connection comes back immediately. I am using a static IP address to my router.

Can you suggest anything I can try, or what additional information can I provide to help identify the problem?

Thank you for any advice, I really appreciate it.

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    First thing i would try is another driver if it's available for Win 7.

3. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008
    You don't have some integrated Marvel yukon adapter, do you?

Noticed same problem after switching from vista x64 to win7 x64. Newer drivers are bit better but still getting random DCs every now and then. Usually just have to refresh browser few times, sometimes dropping out from MP games/MSN/IRC

Ah. And it's definetely win7 and/or driver issue. Net works properly with XP that I dual-boot. Maybe next drivers actually work :rolleyes:

4. zanmat0

zanmat0 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    #4 zanmat0, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    (OP)
    I got an EVGA 680i mobo and I am using the Forceware drivers for x64 W7 (15.35 from May)... nVidia has often disappointed me with their poor quality drivers though so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the problem.

Refreshing the browser doesn't work for me, the only thing I can do is disable/enable the ethernet adapter.

5. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    What nforce chipset do you have?
    Because nvidia juste released new nforce drivers this week.

6. zanmat0

zanmat0 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    how can I find out? sorry...

7. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Check out the Advanced Power Settings. I had this problem initially when I switched to Win7 not long ago.

Hope it helps :)