Replacement Disks Windows 7 Pro OA (OEM)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gfr92y, Sep 2, 2015.

1. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015

I have my COA (and therefore my Product Key), but when I asked Microsoft for the Windows 7 Pro OA (OEM) replacement disks, they said, "Ask Lenovo," and Lenovo has said nothing.

I feel so $#%$#% stupid!

Thanks!

Gfr92y

2. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #2 Skaendo, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. woolie

woolie MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2014
    They told me the very same... Never trust MSFT !:g:

4. Durga

Durga MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2015
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Durga

Can you please share the cmscom_V2.1_Cert.xrm-ms, the dump of the SLIC.BIN & corresponding OEM:SLP key?

6. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015

I cannot find any unbroken links?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Joe

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #8 Tito, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015
    Skaendo,

Thanks!

Joe

10. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015
    CaptainKirk1966,

Thanks!

Joe

11. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015
    Durga,
    Thanks for all of the great information!
    No, I do not have the drivers disk? Now what should I do?
    Thanks, again!
    Joe

12. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015
    Tito,
    Thank you very much!
    Joe

13. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015
    So we have a jumping-off point, it is a Lenovo ThinkPad SL400c laptop with Windows 7 Pro x64.

Regarding #1 & #2, are there any other resources I should use in addition to:

• https CO FS FS support DOT lenovo DOT com FS us FS en FS find-product-name
    • Lenovo users community/forum
    • Google search: [Keywords, etc.] Site:lenovo.com
    • Google search: [Variants of Lenovo ThinkPad SL400c]
    • speccy by Piriform
    • Belarc Advisor - Free

OK!

OK!

I found a lot of drivers, software and updates at "http CO FS FS support DOT lenovo DOT com FS us FS en FS products FS laptops-and-netbooks FS thinkpad-sl-series-laptops FS thinkpad-sl400c FS 4413 QM TabName EQ Downloads" so I should be able to do a good amount of the work myself.

After that, should I run the ThinkVantage software to see if I missed anything?

Since the machine continues to limp along, maybe I should get all the drivers and any OEM-installation software I can get my hands on before beginning the fresh install.

Durga and everyone else who has helped me get this far, thank you so very much for sharing your knowledge and experience with me. Before you folks started helping me, I felt like a blind man walking through an extremely narrow hallway whose walls were covered with razor blades.

Thanks, again!

Joe

14. gfr92y

gfr92y MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2015
    First, thank you for sharing your time and talent with me!

Background: Originally my Lenovo ThinkPad SL400c was released with Windows Vista Business OEMAct. The company that originally purchased this laptop (along with hundreds possibly thousands of similar laptops) upgraded them to Windows 7 Pro OA Lenovo while in service and attached COA. Now, before disposing/recycling the laptop, the company sold it to the brother of the guy who sold it to me. When I bought the laptop, the seller did not have/could not find the Windows 7 Pro installation disks. About two weeks ago, I took advantage of Microsoft's generous offer to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10. Stuff software disappeared, other software was either well hidden or at best, difficult to access, performance decreased, internet transmission rates decreased, and I could not find some things that have need on my home LAN for years.

Yes, the upgrade was, in the immortal words of Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge, "a cluster f=ck."

Not satisfied with finding myself standing in a pile of sh!t, I decided to uninstall Windows 10, which turned my absolutely delightful OS into a pathetic excuse for Windows 7 Pro!

This is the first time I ever did a fresh install. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

A friend said I should format my hard driver before doing the install, but no one else has told me I should do that and I have not seen that advice anywhere on the internet. Should I format my hard drive?

I am, Windows 7 Pro, and that is great news. I will certainly take advantage of that!

If anyone else has any suggestions or advice for me, I could certainly use it!

Thanks, again, CaptainKirk, and to everyone else who has helped me get this far!

Joe

15. imgwhirl

imgwhirl MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2014
    so do u have slic2.1? please first check it with SLIC-Toolkit, just to be sure.

16. Durga

Durga MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I agree with imgwhirl, Joe. You need to approach this a step at a time using logic. Sit down with a piece of paper and write out a step-by-step numbered list of what you need to do and how you are going to do that and the order you're going to do it in. If you do that it will all become very simple and you'll know the direction you need to go in.

If you don't have slic2.1 then you can inform up here and people will be able to suggest different approaches to the problem. For now just check if you have slic2.1. If you do can you save off the two files using SLIC-Toolkit that I mentioned before? (That's step one. If you can't do that then you need a different approach - maybe trying your COA sticker inf, maybe using DAZ Loader [which I myself don't know how to use].)