reprogrammed flash chip on lenovo B580

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by karolretezan, Mar 22, 2013.

1. karolretezan

karolretezan MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2013
    Hello my dears,
    I have my friend laptop, password protected. It was buying from shalt with big discount without knowing it have supervisor password. Anyway, I unsolder the chips, it have 2 chips one 32mb and another 64mb. I see on lenovo bios, offer 2 .bin files, I think it will bee very easy. But every thing I do the laptop won't start, won't do anything, like the power button is defect. I make backup from chip and write the backup.
    I was to electronic engineer. And say that everything looks OK, seems the flash clock not have activity. I don't know what to do.
    Can you please help?

This are the steps of wat I do:
    1. Unsolder the chips
    2. Read the chips and make backup
    3. Modify the lenovo .fl1 files it was bigger (that I'm not sure if I make good)
    4. Erase and write the chips
    5. Solder the chips

I repeat wit the backup files. No success :(

I appreciate your help.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #2 LatinMcG, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    i fried a chip that controls power and charge on asus x54c because i left the cmos or battery in it when i was messing with bios.. now i need to replace some chip so it turn on and charge light on.

3. karolretezan

karolretezan MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2013
    Thanks for answer, I don't know wat to say.
    The power control seems to be OK. It have 3V, 5V, 20V, It have power on battery pins, on power button, including flash chips have 3V without CMOS battery.
    And the solder / unsolder I do it without CMOS battery.
    I order another flash chips for replace, I will be back wit news, hope it will be good news :)