REQ: Microsoft action and Windows 8

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WithinRafael, Apr 2, 2011.

1. WithinRafael

WithinRafael MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2011
    Can a staffer message/email me offline regarding this, thanks.

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    What do you mean? Whether MS can email you if you have windows 8 when you're not supposed to have it, or for unlocking the new ui? Don't know...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    I thought we all knew by now that MS hasn't done diddly squat to any websites about win 8?

4. Grouper

Grouper MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    That's Rafael Rivera... withinwindows.com

5. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I know. Your point?

6. Grouper

Grouper MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    He's someone that might actually have to worry about that, unlike... I don't know, you?

7. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    I know he would have to worry about that. My point was that at this time all claims of MS action have been either fabricated or just implied, nothing to worry about at yet.

8. Grouper

Grouper MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    I know what your point was. My point was that you probably have no idea what's actually going on. There could be Microsoft involvement and you just don't know about it. How is it that you expect to know as much as everyone else at all times?

9. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    It's not hard to be in the know, just pay attention to what people are saying online. So far every site that has been questioned by somebody reputable has admitted to there not being any MS action against them.

10. Grouper

Grouper MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    #10 Grouper, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Only three sites claimed to have closed due to Microsoft. Those sites were actually closed down by their hosting company (all three had the same host) and in all three cases the hosting company posted the same message. Even then, supposedly:

I have no idea if that's true or not.

All the other closures were due to forum admin's getting fed up with having to moderate thousands of posts about nothing and arguments over five or six screenshots.

So it appears that Microsoft has had no involvement in any of that. WithinWindows and WinSuperSite seem to actually be leaking new and secret IP instead of just screenshots of installed builds with nothing very special going on. That, in addition to the all the disclaimers Microsoft is now posting on their software, makes me think that if Microsoft were to go after anyone it might be them.

I'm just really confused about what logic you're using... and why you tend to take a rather equally hostile view against everyone.

11. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    The type of logic doesn't matter as long as the result is correct. It's simple deduction of all the things that have been transpiring over this situation. You just need to carefully weigh the legitimacy of each source before taking their info into account. I was not trying to come across hostile, probably shouldn't have just written "Your point?" but it wasn't meant to sound negative, my apologies.