[REQ} Selfmade Windows 8.1 GA Roll-up 1 AIO

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by warlordll, Oct 21, 2013.

1. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Hey guys learning something new tonight so i wanted to ask my fav experts how to do something, now i have started to make my own windows 8.1 AIO by following the guide on MDL but i wondered if you guys know how i can add software that i want to install when i install windows 8.1 from this AIO, want to know how I can integrate it to install after or during windows installation.

eg: ive used custom windows where they had the software install just before you can first log in / type your details out? can this be done and is there an easy way to do it?

Bottom line is i want to see if i can save time per install to save me searching my drives for the software i wanna install if or should pc not boot up coz of a corrupt file or something.

Hope you know what i mean by this.

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Already doing this. It will be on TPB either tonight or tomorrow. (en-US)
    I've discussed the methodology in my integration thread.

3. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    ahh cheers nice to see im not the only one thinking it :) silly question whats TPB i have a name in my head but not sure if the same one as im thinking of?

4. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Started testing my end-result isos. It will still be some time before they are available for download, but here's some screens to get an idea of the testing:
    test1.jpg
    test2.jpg
    test3.jpg
    test4.jpg
    test5.jpg

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Well am working on a script for that, if everything goes well will release a toolkit for windows 8.1

6. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #7 HALIKUS, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. Dos_Probie

Dos_Probie MDL Senior Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Everyone will probably have there own preferred method, I have a complete Unattended Install for 8.1 that works well using a "AUTOUNATTEND.xml" file that makes the install hands free, I just pop-in my 8.1 Usb thumbdrive and come back in about 15 mins and then I am looking at a pre-activated desktop with my custom theme, Drivers and reg tweaks all installed, Classic Shell start menu with all my favorite apps..DP

8. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    That's pretty neat HALIKUS, but is there any particular reason you'd use that over just sysprep/capturing?
    Perhaps just as a time-saver $oem$ folder?

It's really a pain in the ass that they put a pending flag on offline installs for this GA rollup.
    It's not the end of the world, and you could just insert a resetbase command in the setupcomplete.cmd, but I'd so much rather have it resetbase'd offline.
    Can someone please work on the install.esd encrypted download extraction?
    It's not that difficult to get an iso with the install.esd in it.

I'm almost done testing my wim version of fully integrated sysprep/captured images, but it takes up more room than simply working with offline images.
    I could probably shave 200-300megs off each of the AIO versions if people could make a script or program to extract the install image from esd downloaded versions

9. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #10 HALIKUS, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. AhrimanSefid

AhrimanSefid MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Plz Add share Software Very Good.
    2v8sdc8.png

11. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Ahh great job, i also made my first AIO will be cleaning it up this afternoon..was fun to do and woulda got done sooner if my antivirus didnt think the ms file was a virus lol had to reinstall windows to fix it :)