[REQ] Software for network monitoring

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by bagwell351, Apr 29, 2017.

1. bagwell351

bagwell351 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2016
    Good evening.

First of all I need to say that I'm completely noob when it comes to network.
    I created this post because I am looking for a program to monitor which devices are connected on my local network and how much of the internet each one is using.
    Does anyone have a suggestion?

Obs: if possible a lightweight and executable program xD I do not need details, just how much internet is being used by each device. The ones I found are very heavy, nothing simple and light.

Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: tried to see this acessing my router (TP Link 8901G), found nothing except the devices connected.

2. onetwo3

onetwo3 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Hi bagwell351,
    if your router doesnt provide this option, other routers do. you could look into 3rd party router firmware to flash onto yours such as DD-WRT or Tomato. these firmwares have many more options including what you want. some routers come equipped with DD-WRT now also.

i wouldnt want to install a program on a computer to do this simply because it would widen the attack vector on your network. in a big way IMO since it would be hooked in directly to the network.

3. bagwell351

bagwell351 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2016
    I thought it was simple. Install a program and give a few clicks. I think I'll give it up for now.

Thank you very much for the help.

4. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...