Request for manual mod MP45-D Award BIOS (Award Tool failed)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by thetrain, Mar 15, 2012.

1. thetrain

thetrain MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    Both myself and Serg008 have attempted using the Award Tool to modify this BIOS so far with no luck.

The only mod attempt that even allows the system to boot is the ISA mod, but that method appears to be faulty on this BIOS as the SLIC is inserted only in RSDT, not in XSDT and this appears to prevent the slic from being valid. Below are each of the methods I have tried and the results of each on using the AwardTool.

Serg008 offered their assistance but the results were the same as I experienced. You can see the screenshot results here: forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/5863-Award-amp-AMI-Bios-mod-requests?p=556797&viewfull=1#post556797

Thanks for your considerationn and any assistance.

The preferred SLIC would be Acer.

Manufacturer: Aopen
    Model: MP45-D
    Version: R1.12
    Bios Type: Award bios
    Bios Link: usa.aopen.com/downloadfile.aspx?RecNo=12084&Model=2662&Section=8 &DL=yes
    SLIC Requested: Acer 2.1

====
    Here are the notes that I've made while trying to mod usng the Aware SLIC Tool 1.52. A previous BIOS version in this forum was noted as using the ISA method but that older bios is no longer available nor was there a confirmation that it worked.

Method Result
    -------- ---------
    O+2 (Failed) System hangs on post
    SSV1 (Failed) No post
    Dynamic (Failed) No existing SLIC
    ISA-At end (Failed) system posts but there is no SLIC found with Toolkit and no activation.
    ISA-EPA (Failed) Module too small
    OEM7-EPAatend (Failed) system hangs on post
    OEM7-ACPITBL (Failed) system hangs on post
    OEM7-EPA (Failed) system hangs on post
    PubKey (Failed) Invalid Windows license error.
    SSV3-ACPITBL (Failed) system hangs on post
    SSV3-BlackEPA (Failed) system hangs on post
    FACS (Failed) system hangs on post
    SSV3-EPAEnd (Failed) system hangs on post
    SSV3-BlackEPAa (Failed) system hangs on post

"System Hangs on Post" - the system will post and proceed through the post process, but hangs at about the time the BIOS hands off to the boot sector. The BIOS setup is also inaccessible.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Just one question... what did you use as the flasher?? The tool came from Aopen or generic Awdflash??

3. thetrain

thetrain MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    I used the generic AWDFLASH.. the Acer tool that comes with the BIOS update has a built in checksum validator that fails if the BIOS has been modded. That said, the Acer flasher just calls AWDFLASH anyway so it's just a wrapper.

Command: AWDFLASH %filename% /py /sn /cc/ cp /cd /wb

4. nfo

nfo MDL Junior Member

May 3, 2009
    hi, dont try mod this bios.... cheksum error on aopen flash tool.... whit other dos award tool bios crash on my mp45-dr... same version of bios: r1.12.

I repair my mainboard bios whit a spi programmer.... this mainboard are too much special....

5. thetrain

thetrain MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    I've already got the bios chip pulled and in a zif socket to be able to reflash when things go wrong. I figured if I do it that way, I can try as many time as I want without worrying about killing the board.

I am about to give up on a bios mod on this system though as none of the tools seem to work and I've not had any volunteers offer to attempt a manual mod yet.

6. thetrain

thetrain MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    With no takers I guess I'm stuck using a loader.

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #8 LatinMcG, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    removed test file.

8. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
  9. teils

teils MDL Junior Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Hello everyone wanted to know if there is a way to restore the MAC address of an integrated network card on the motherboard after a failed upgrade to harm the bios. The bios is award type. Thank you

10. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    use awardflash utility
    AWDFLASH BIOS.bin /py/sn/nvmac:xxxxxxxxxxxx