Request help with adding asus slic into iso image??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sadsack, May 23, 2010.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi all,

Am in the process of d/l the msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-79643/Win7-P-Retail-en-us-x86.exe parts to rebuild into a bootable iso image, but i just wanted to know if it was possible to insert the slic information into the dvd somehow so it adds the slic info automatically.

I.E. the dvd thinks it is an original from asus, if you see what i mean.

I have the Gigabyte_GA-7N400_Pro2_(rev2.x)_FK_ASUS_SLIC_2.1.rar which holds _ASUS_-E1948081.XRM-MS but i am not too sure where to place it into the iso image.
    Also the OEM Sources folder for Acer Ultimate, I am assuming with these items on the dvd it would make it look like a proper image from manufacturer.
    much appreciated for any guidelines given.

the oscdimg.exe info is quite easy to understand, but i just wanted to make it as clean as possible without any extra software involved during installation.

Would be very much appreciated for any info given...

ttfn
    sadsack

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #3 MasterDisaster, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
    Use Mr Jinje DISM Tool™ to integrate key and cert into the install.wim.

After you extract Win7-P-Retail-en-us-x86.exe to C:\Win7
    • Run the Dism tool, press Choose WIM
    • C:\Win7\sources\install.wim and choose the index value 5 is ultimate, 4 is Professional and so on.
    • Select a Mount DIR for the wim, say C:\mount
    • Press Install Key button and enter your key.
    • Press Integrate Cert and select your Asus cert.
    • Now Press Commit WIM and then Dis-Mount WIM.

Integration of key and certificate is complete. Now build your iso using the oscmding.exe

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...