[REQUEST] i need a standalone partiton manager for a pe environment

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stayboogy, Apr 28, 2014.

1. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i need a standalone / portable disk utility (that can format, delete, and create partitions) that consists of either a single .exe file or only a few .exe and dlls that can run from a pe environment that doesn't invoke windows disk utility.

i've made an automated recovery system for my machine but i'd rather have a gui format tool instead of using diskpart, and i don't want the bloat of a pe that runs explorer. need something i can invoke from cmdline.

thanks.

2. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    thank you,

but,

i specifically mentioned i'm running a tiny pe that's not using a shell/explorer program. just boots to cmdline. for my purposes i don't need all that in this particular pe. and i can make a full pe with any kind a program there is if i needed too, and in fact i have several of those images.

but i do need a simple gui partitioning tool.

aside from this, i've tried running various types such as this one from my tiny pe, always side-by-side configuration errors even when all the files are included in the system path.

i need something like "hp usb format tool" except with the ability to format actual hdds and hdds that are mounted.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i had a really really old version of this from bartpe days and decided it wasn't worth using.

but, it seems to have improved since then lol. works exactly for what i need it to do.

**still on the lookout for anything better as well