[Request] Phoenix BIOS Unlock [$20 REWARD]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by harkules, Aug 5, 2015.

1. harkules

harkules MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    #1 harkules, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Hello,

I'm too afraid to attempt this unlock myself because I don't want to brick my only laptop, so that's why I was wondering if any of you guys could mod my bios for me? I am offering a $20 reward via paypal to anybody who can do it. Here's the link to download the phoenix bios v1.31:

global-download.gateway.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Gateway_1.31_A_A.zip?acerid=634145971357378224&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NV%20SERIES&Step3=NV54&OS=711&LC=en&BC=GATEWAY&SC=PA_6G

I'm really hoping there is some way an option to slightly overclock it appears as well as a way to allow my DDR2 ram to work at 800 mhz because my bios underclocks it even though I have 800 mhz ram installed. I'm also upgrading my CPU later this week from a T4300 to a T9300. I'm good with hardware and messing with circuits, not so good with tinkering with bios. Hence the reason I need your guys help.

If you can unlock this bios for me I will send you $20 USD via paypal.

Thanks.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. Galileo Figaro

Galileo Figaro MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2010
    You could just have asked, no need to promise money.
    Why don't you do it yourself?
    All the tools needed are here, on this forum.
    Read the stickies.
    You will need the following:
    RWEverything
    Phoenix Mod Tool
    SLIC 2.1 file, either for Gateway (exists?) or any other

The Mod tool will tell you if something failed, before you flash.

4. harkules

harkules MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    Sorry about that. I had no idea.

5. harkules

harkules MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    Yeah it's not about adding SLIC. I read the stickies on that and it seems very straight forward. I am asking about unlocking additional features for overclocking which seems a little over my head. Do you know how to do that? If yes can you please point me in the right direction?