[Request] Windows XP Tablet Edition

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by silumor, Jul 7, 2011.

1. silumor

silumor MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2011
    I'm looking for Windows XP Tablet Edition OEM can anyone point me to a DL for this I have tried the one found in the Windows XP Pro OEM/SP3 Archive (Untouched ISOs) thread once I DL it it give me a crc error saying bad password. I need it cause I have a Gateway M285-E and the image that came on the orginal drive became corrupted and they didnt ship a disk with it.
    Thanks

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Unfortunately I have to announce it is the wrong password.
    Ill fix this soon.

You shouldve let me know first....

3. silumor

silumor MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2011
    Also if anyone would like I can upload Dell - Windows XP MCE 2005 with Update Rollup 2 OEM DVD

4. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #4 wuhoatu, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i wouldn't mind having this as well if you don't mind sharing. be nice to have tablet to play around with on VMs...

6. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #6 stayboogy, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #7 wuhoatu, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
    Uploading are under progress at the moment. Be patient :p
    My bandwidth dl/up is only 3072/640 and it will take about 4 - 5 hours to complete.

8. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    didn't mean it like that good sir :p

too quick on the draw tonight i guess lol

9. silumor

silumor MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2011
    #9 silumor, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    (OP)
    Thanks I needed the Retail Version also!
    Worked perfect thanks alot I built a OEM with SErvice Pack 3 intergrated from those Images!

10. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Would have been a lot easier to just use an original Windows XP Pro SP3 OEM, since it's the same disc.

But each to their own.

11. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    professional does not include media center, so it's not the same thing. it's actually media center edition (includes tablet pc) which i already had as well. i was hoping it was something different--like a smaller, lighter version but no luck; glad it didn't take long to download though :)

12. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Media Center, WTF does that have to do with it?

Lets play, spot the similarity between those 2...I'll give you a hint, it's in the SHA1 area ;)

13. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #13 stayboogy, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
    yeah for disc one... go argue with someone less knowledgeable than you on this issue, because right now you are making yourself look ignorant...

tablet (media center edition) is two discs, which the second disc includes a folder called "CMPNENTS" that includes "MEDIACTR" and "TABLETPC" components. these versions are built off of professional but professional is not the same because it is missing these two components--hence the reason it's a different version with a different name with a second disc...

playing done, you got pwned :boxing:

feel better?

14. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I am arguing with someone less knowledgeable than myself, actually MUCH less knowledgeable.
    TabletPC and MCE has not used same discs since 2003, this includes CD2.

Did you manage to compare the SHA1 above, same right? Refresh my memory, wasn't that what I wrote; same disc?

Spot the difference here?

If the board had an option for a crayon font, I would have used it to help you understand.

15. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #15 stayboogy, Jul 10, 2011
    no need to cry about being wrong little baby...

weh weh weh, boo hoo hoo

grow up and tuck your tail between your legs and gtfo with your foolishness--as that is what most people do when they are clearly wrong if they aren't decent enough to admit it; you sir are in denial...

you are about as childish as members i see at other less than reputable forum sites; no need to bring your juvenile ways here little boy...

i have no more time to argue with little boys (you) about things they are too dense and self indulgent to understand

and just keep responding because it makes you look more correct...

that was sarcasm in the event you don't understand that either...

charlie sheen's signature phrase fits here: winning, lol. of course you've made me feel just as childish responding to your idiocy. so enjoy this last one...

have a nice day...

16. silumor

silumor MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2011
    Oz I notice your tablet edition has a VL tag at the end of it, could you upload the VL one or is there a way to make the Retail or OEM versions into a VL one?, I know you can do the reverse. And I am new so if there is a link to do this could someone point me to it?

17. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Why is this so hard to understand, TabletPC does not have it's own magical disc, it IS the standard XP Professional, always has been. You can use ANY Windows XP Professional disc as CD1, does not matter if they are OEM or VOL, or FPP (Retail). As long as you have a TabletPC serial for either one, you will get TabletPC. Being TabletPC, it will of course ask for CD2 at one stage during install, you just use the one you have already have, it's the same one for OEM, VOL and FPP.

So bottom line, you can do it the hard/ignorant/stayboogy way and download a SP2 disc, then slipstream SP3, then change version to either OEM, VOL or FPP, or you can get a Genuine Windows XP Professional SP3 disc and use that with your CD2.

All SP3 Professional, OEM, VOL and FPP are in a sticky of mine at the top this forum.

18. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    #18 stayboogy, Jul 10, 2011
    listen here GOSCUTER1 WANNA BE--tablet and professional are not the same thing. Yes professional and tablet/media center edition disc 1 are exactly the same but what your ignorant/foolish self forgets is that tablet and media center edition have two discs and the second disc is what contains media center and tablet pc addons, so again, it is not the same as professional. Does professional have tablet pc or media center with it? No it doesn't. So how are they the same? That's right they aren't...

the reason it's going to ask for disc 2 is because disc two contains the "TABLETPC" component. you are so dense. serial has nothing at all to do with it; which even if you do have the correct tablet serial you still can't add it to xp professional unless you have the disc that contains it which is disc 2 BECAUSE IT'S ABSENT FROM DISC 1; GEESH...

You are so ridiculously ignorant it's beyond ludicrous...

Don't be spreading your false information here...

19. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Disc 1 is all the same yes, what differs is disc 2, two different components, thats it.
    The serial decides what version it is beacuse there are not tablet/mce (genuine) discs.

now be quiet.. Arent you arguing about the same thing ?

20. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Boogyman will come after you now ;)

Well, actually, only in the very first version of TPC and MCE did they share discs, since then MCE has spun off and used it's own CD's, this includes both CD1 and CD2, there was even a CD3 at one stage.
    TPC was always the same CD1.
    Last CD2 for MCE is almost twice the size of the original one.