Reset admin password on Windows 2008 server virtual machine

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by Shadowalka, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Shadowalka

Shadowalka MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2010
    Looking for some assistance and advice on resetting admin password on a windows 2008 server virtual machine.

This virtual machine has a legit client access license but hasn't been used for ages and I've now forgotten the password.

Have used Offline NT Password & Registry Editor and Spotmau's PowerSuite 2010, was successful with blanking the admin account but still get 'bad username or password' when logging on.

Options for logging on default to domain\administrator, also tried machine name\administrator - still get 'bad username or password'.

Any ideas?

As I purchased a legit CAL, I'm reluctant to create a new VM machine as I can't see a way of deactivating and reactivating the license with Microsoft. If anyone knows how to deactivate/reactivating with MS, let me know.

If any extra info is required, let me know.

Reg

2. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Is this free??????????

3. mayathri

mayathri MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2012
    In my opinion admin password on Windows server forgotten is a normal problem. Many ways you can use. I think the better one is to use the reset disk. You can search "Anmosoft Windows Password Reset" in Google, and the first one you can click. From there you can download the software and create a disk.