RESETTING BIOS ADMINISTRATOR PASWORD FOR ELITEBOOK 8570w

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Aleey, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Aleey

Aleey MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2015
    I can't get into my HP EliteBook 8570w as administrator because I can't supply the password. But I am able to enter into bios set up using User administrator password. I have never set password for the BIOS. Is there any way I can get into the BIOS because I need to change some things which are grayed out when I enter as a HP User? Can I reset the password? Or is there any default password which I can use. Thank You.:weep:

2. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Replace you BIOS chip with a preprogrammed one or message Mazzif. He was working on something to reset this model and is not identified here, so I cannot be sure if he completed the process for **70x models.

You could also contact HP business support and they will send you an smc.bin file which you can use at boot to reset your passwords.

You may be able to delete users with the administrator account and recreate them... I have an 8570W but cannot check as my girlfriend is using it right now, I'll report back soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...