(Resolved) Chrome unresponsive in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Fennec, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Fennec

Fennec MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    #1 Fennec, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    I went from 8.1 to Win Win 10 from the 2nd of this month and everything worked perfectly.
    Yesterday, the pages were displayed more with Chrome (Firefox works fine ) . This morning I have uninstalled Chrome that was the last update to install an older version . Now Chrome launches more.
    Any help is welcome. Thank you !

2. AzTec

AzTec MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    runnin the lastest on se7en, 10240, and 10525 all work fine, most likely flash player playing silly games again

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. allentron

allentron MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    I was having problems with Chrome being broke (wouldn't do anything). Found info over at betanews and followed these steps:

• Right click on click on the desktop shortcut to Chrome and select Properties.
    • Move to the Shortcut tab and click in the Target field.
    • Type a space at the end of the path that appears in the field followed by --no-sandbox.
    • Hit OK, and use the shortcut to launch Chrome.

Hope this helps out.

4. dScribe

dScribe MDL Novice

May 28, 2015
    If you are referencing the Google Chrome crashing problem in the latest insider build of Windows 10 (10525), it is specific to the 64-bit version I believe. It can be temporarily worked around until a fix comes by either 1) Running the 32-bit version, or 2) adding the --no-sandbox switch to the command line (the target line in the shortcut properties) of the Chrome shortcut you are using.

5. Fennec

Fennec MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    @ allentron and dScribe

Thank you very much for your help. Since the change of path:
    "C: \ Users \ B \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ Application \ chrome.exe" (old)
    "C: \ Users \ B \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ Application \ chrome.exe -no-sandbox" (new)

Chrome is working again, but I have this message across the width below the Favorites bar:
    "You use a command line flag unsupported: --no-sandbox. The stability and security will be affected. ".

Is this serious, doctors ?

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (10.0 Build 10240) (10240.th1_st1.150717-1719)

6. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    What I did was uninstall the 64 bit version, and install the 32 bit version. In this way I can run Chrome as is without any no sandbox requirements. I believe this is safer. I am sure either Chrome or MS will have a fix shortly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. allentron

allentron MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    It is serious. But remember that this is only temporary until Chrome is updated. Though I admit I don't know what the exact repercussions are.

And, of course, you can do what dhjohns said, instead.

8. Fennec

Fennec MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Windows 10 is a crab's basket

Thank you to dhjohns, allentron and EFA11 for your valuable information.
    In fact, the troubles began two days ago by a memory problem. By launching Chrome, I have a warning message telling me that is not enough memory (4 GB of RAM installed).

By increasing the virtual memory (1200 MW to 2200 MW), Chrome works without the "--no-sandbox" command. However, the PC is slower and I just had the same problem with Firefox.

By grace of EFA11 link, I find that I am not alone in this situation.
    I think the problem is with Win 10 of 64 bits. I am seriously beginning to regret Win 8.1. This new OS is a crab's basket .

9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    The part I linked to made a comment that is probably note worthy for some.

There will be a lot of these to come with the new cycle of development. Everyone is working at a faster pace to catch and fix things as they come.

10. Finn.IG

Finn.IG MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2015
    Actually, this only happens in Windows 10 Insider Preview 10525, and this build of Windows 10 is only for testing purposes. Everything is still fine on the official build 10240, so basically there's nothing wrong with Windows 10.

11. Fennec

Fennec MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    #12 Fennec, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    (OP)
    It's true ! For progress in all areas, we need people who sacrifice.
    That said, there are also non specialized people who are only looking to use technology without much break the head. This is my case, because I am a novice in the field of computing.
    Anyway the problem is getting worse, since now by clicking on Chrome, the computer stops altogether. Firefox works, but sometimes it crashes.
    I am seriously considering uninstall Win 10-64 Bit.

[FONT=&amp]Sorry, Finn.IG, I don ’t use Windows 10 Insider Preview 10525. Her is my Operating System:
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (10.0 Build 10240) (10240.th1_st1.150717-1719)
    [/FONT]

12. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Member

Apr 10, 2015
    No, some crashes do happen even in windows 10-10240, especially when trying to save e-mails and such as pdfs !
    Regards

13. def0

def0 MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2015
    First of all x64 versions of browsers has always had issues or been somewhat troublesome. Mozilla doesn't have an x64 version in stable channel, and the Chrome default download is still x86.
    Then there's the combinations of extensions and what not.

Annoying as these issues may be, MS, Google and Mozilla has been made aware of the recent most OBVIOUS issues and they are working on it.

If people are still having issue try using the x86 versions (for now), and eventually try an exclusion methodology on extensions one by one... And have patience ;)

14. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Using chrome @64 bit is practically pointless anyway people who use it usually does it because thinks that a bigger number is better.

15. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Chrome was updated today to Version 44.0.2403.157 m (64-bit)

16. Fennec

Fennec MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2015
    #17 Fennec, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)
    Problem solved

Thank you all for your interventions that helped me see better.
    I think the problem was not from Chrome, but Windows 10.
    Indeed, in the beginning when I launched Chrome, I had a message that warned me that there was insufficient memory (PC with 4 GB of RAM). At the end, Firefox caused the same message, while Chrome was "planting" Windows: black screen that forced me to shut down the computer with the power switch.

I formatted the system to do a "clean install." Since then, everything works perfectly.

Windows 10 came from the upgrade from Win 8.1. Lately, I have much downloaded from "not very Catholic" sites. They certainly swayed the "filth" in my computer. I think, this is what would have caused the problem, but not Chrome.

The problem started after installing updates